Cave Line in and around Three Tables/Firehouse areas (Oahu)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rchrds

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Public note, please share with your open water friends and groups: I am in the process of mapping caves around the Three Tables and firehouse area. This may result in cave diving line being strung through a cave for a few hours on any given day. The lines are normally in place for half a day, long enough for me to survey, then sketch, and then we cut all the lines back out. If you happen across us in the water, please just avoid the lines, or even better, visit a different cave for the day. (There are many.) Thanks to those who managed to avoid our work area over the last couple of months at Sharks Cove, it looks like we are complete in that area for now. Apologies to some this past weekend who were apparently having difficulties negotiating our lines. And a safety note, because line goes into a passage, don’t assume you will be able to fit into (or out of) the passage. We are diving small sidemount tanks so that we may catalog very low or tight passages. Thanks for your consideration. Jason Richards, National Speleological Society #41539

Oh I’m sure no one seeing a line disappearing into a crevice would have the slightest idea of following it to see what treasures lay at the end of it...

You would be surprised. It's a continuous parade of tourists swimming vertically through the cave getting every possible piece of equipment caught on the lines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom