Cave Diving Report - Peacock Springs 2-12-05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A buddy and I headed out to Peacock springs for a bit of cave diving. We first went in at Orange grove, and offset sink with a 50ft deep basin. Viz was great, and you could see the whole basin. We tied off on a log, headed into the sign, and then took off down the mainline. Viz was great in the cave too, which is a bit smaller than most caves, and also has a bit of a roller coaster going up and down 10 ft a bunch of times. We made it near the Distance Tunnel and turned at about 800ft in. We also went into the lower Orange Grove cavern at the end of the dive, and then finally surfaced after 60mins. Topside was a bit chilly, but bearable.

After a fill and some lunch, we headed over to Peacock 1, put on our cold wetsuits and headed down the pothole tunnel. Viz was not so good at 30ish, and this has a big tunnel which really soaks up your light. I didnt get to see much of the cave because of this, but we made it 1000ft before turning around. Total bottom time was 60mins.

I also brought along my Sensus Pro computers to log the dive and send to DAN. Ive included screen shots of my dives below.

nice dives, thanks for sharing

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom