Cave Diving film - Into the Darkness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, During the winters of 2004 and 2005 I travelled with Rick Stanton and John Volanthen, two outstanding Cave Divers from the UK, to Valstagna in Northern Italy as they attempted to pass the first sump of the Cogol di Veci a vast flooded cave. The film follows their attempts to push the limits of underwater cave exploration. The film is available here in full. I hope you like it.

www.realadventurefilm.co.uk/category/films

Thanks for posting the link. It reaffirms my desire to NEVER enter a cave, but is an amazing look into that world. :)

Wow, that's intense! Great film, is there a video of their next dive? This reaffirms my desire to want to cave dive, lol!

Wow, that's intense! Great film, is there a video of their next dive? This reaffirms my desire to want to cave dive, lol!

I've got a whole bunch of tapes of Rick and John diving in the Bestouan and Port Meou two caves in the south of France and some interviews after they had had a close call in a cave in the Lot ( Southern France). I will dig them out:D

Thanks for posting this fantastic film look forward to other tapes if and when posted

Thank you very much for making this, and putting it up for public consumption. It was fascinating to see an entirely different approach to cave diving from the one I know, and I am always amazed and awed by the stamina, courage and determination of the people who do these extremely long and deep dives. It was a well-made and very professional documentary, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bookmarking thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom