Cave diver dies in South-East (Australia)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is terrible, Oztek will be subdued this year, condolences to all. I'm not sure from the press reports... were there other people/divers around at the time? I feel quite strongly that there is something to learn in every mishap, and hope we get to learn what happened and how it might be prevented in the future. Dive oz has clammed up, understandably, hopefully in time the facts will emerge.

Looking through the links you guys have posted she is pictured using a CCR in several of them. Not sure of the make but maybe a Dive Rite re-breather? Most of her gear appears to be Dive Rite anyway.

And in the credits of one of the videos Wes Skiles was listed. He died while diving with a Dive Rite Op2tima (CCR) last year.

Was she using a re-breather on this dive? Just wondering if there is a connection there.

Looking through the links you guys have posted she is pictured using a CCR in several of them. Not sure of the make but maybe a Dive Rite re-breather? Most of her gear appears to be Dive Rite anyway.

And in the credits of one of the videos Wes Skiles was listed. He died while diving with a Dive Rite Op2tima (CCR) last year.

Was she using a re-breather on this dive? Just wondering if there is a connection there.

Ag used to work for Dive Rite in Florida. Then she was a rep for Dive Rite in Australia.

I don't think there's any correlation at all. Besides, Ag regularly dove where an Op2tima wouldn't fit.

Damn. I really enjoyed her article on making Sanctum. This is bad news. There have been a few SB members die during my time here. And though I did not know them personally I feel as if I still "knew" them. RIP Agnes.

Normally I'd also try to use this forum for what it's purpose is and analyze what went wrong. But since we don't have any details and since I have no cave experience I'll just sit this one out and learn from those who do.

As squirrel girl said there is probably no relation between the two. Considering the fact they are having trouble recovering her I believe she just got stuck in small cave. She excelled at that type of exploration and probaby the only lesson from it is one cave divers already know. Some people such as Agnes have the guts to push this stuff, its who they are and sadly we lose some of them way too soon. :depressed:

I was just thinking back, can anyone confirm when she worked at DR in Florida? I think she was my contact with them when I was writing my uw nav course and getting permission to use images of their products in the student guide. She even sent me better photos than I could pull off of the web. Very nice young woman and most helpful.

I was just thinking back, can anyone confirm when she worked at DR in Florida? I think she was my contact with them when I was writing my uw nav course and getting permission to use images of their products in the student guide. She even sent me better photos than I could pull off of the web. Very nice young woman and most helpful.
I believe it was in 2008 when she worked for DR.

Back
Top Bottom