Cave diver dies in South-East (Australia)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be aware that the movie is very bleak, with many deaths. Diving, and in particular cave diving, is not portrayed in a good light.

I may have missed this in the thread!!!
Can anyone tell me how far it was from were she was found
to where she left the other tank??

Wingnut

Be aware that the movie is very bleak, with many deaths. Diving, and in particular cave diving, is not portrayed in a good light.
Thank you for the info i will watch it alone and won't expect to enjoy the diving scenes.

The movie is also crap

Can anyone tell me how far it was from were she was found to where she left the other tank??

It wasn't the distance that was the problem, it was the restriction that she wasn't able to pass through in the reverse direction

So sad to hear about her death!! She seemed like a genuine person who died too soon!!

Apparently the Australian 60 Minutes TV show is doing a story on her tonight: In Too Deep

Just watched it. Nothing you wouldn't expect. Clips of some of her interviews that have been posted on fb and SB. Interview with her father and a couple of people who dived with her and retrieved her body. Nothing new that hasn't been said and certainly nothing that the cave diving faternity wouldn't find pretty elementary. Pretty scenes of caves and a pretty female reporter on a bit of a lesson with instruction on cave diving and guiding her through a couple basic caves. Interview with Cameron and a few clips from Sanctum movie with reference to the of the irony that the person *ag* was stunt double in the film for had also left her spare tank behind and died...

She was an incredible young woman and accomplished some amazing things. My "report" is not meant in any way to trivialize her or her accomplishments just to give my honest opinion of the show so people who can not access it realize they really aren't missing any new info.

If anyone is interested, there's now a video clip of the story & a full transcript posted - follow the link in my last post

Andrew Whyte, Liz Rogers and Chris Milowka (father) are interviewed. But as BoP said, nothing new in terms of what actually happened - although I notice the journalist reintroduced the words "disoriented" & "lost" to the discussion

It wasn't the distance that was the problem, it was the restriction that she wasn't able to pass through in the reverse direction

Agnes was a dear friend to me, and I am totaly fed up with this bull**** information being put out about the circumstances of her death. Show some respect by not making false statements of fact. That is what is occuring in the quoted statement, as well as some other statements made in this thread and others by Scubaboard members (including more than one moderator). I have seen so much speculation by uninvolved people about her death, gleaned from tidbits of "information" on the internet. Accident analysis is vital to diving, and speculation is part of that. Spouting misinformation and passing it off as fact detrimental to our sport, and is disrespectfull to the victims. PLEASE KNOCK IT OFF!!!

crow.jpg

FAAAAAAAARK!

Back
Top Bottom