Cave diver dies in South-East (Australia)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a question based on the above

What was her orientation when she was found?

The part where they say she turned to come home would indicate she was facing the direction she needed to be.

he is asking was she face forward or face backwards, meaning did she have to back out of the restriction or was she able to turn around.

The part where they say she turned to come home would indicate she was facing the direction she needed to be.

Yeah, okay Kevin. Turned to me could mean going the opposite direction - you can reverse without changing your orientation. There was some discussion earlier that she might have been backing out of a restriction, that's why I asked. Maybe you're a little too close to this for rational discussion, I don't know. It's A&I mate, sorry no harm meant once again

Yeah, okay Kevin. Turned to me could mean going the opposite direction - you can reverse without changing your orientation. There was some discussion earlier that she might have been backing out of a restriction, that's why I asked. Maybe you're a little too close to this for rational discussion, I don't know

HUH?? If you read the report, it said a series of restrictions. That means they start and end. The part of backing up from earlier is where we were discussing possibilities that you might have to contend with. No wonder most of the T2T members have you on ignore, you come up with some off the wall assumptions.

The report from Ken is pretty cut and dry, nothing there to argue over.

Yeah, okay Kevin. Turned to me could mean going the opposite direction - you can reverse without changing your orientation. There was some discussion earlier that she might have been backing out of a restriction, that's why I asked. Maybe you're a little too close to this for rational discussion, I don't know. It's A&I mate, sorry no harm meant once again

I appreciate your concern and thank you. However I am in no way being harsh here. Sorry if it comes across that way, read more at CDF if you want to see harsh LOL

The only thing to learn here is she didnt have enough gas to get back. If it takes 30 minutes to get from point A to point B but then takes an hour to get back your gas planning is probably in bad shape because you thought 30 minutes. You are into your saftey supply by then and thats not good. The tricky part is the people who do these dives dont know how bad it will be to get back out. Thats why I wont take those risks. Too many ifs we cant account for.

Last edited:
So, does anyone know what her orientation was when she was found?

WTF?! Did the last 8 responses not get through to you somehow?

She was heading out in a tiny little tunnel, trying to get to her other tank when she ran out of air and died. How much more simple can someone make that for you?

WTF?! Did the last 8 responses not get through to you somehow?

She was heading out in a tiny little tunnel, trying to get to her other tank when she ran out of air and died. How much more simple can someone make that for you?

They could make it simpler if somone who actually knew for a fact what happened said if she was going forwards or backwards, thanks. It's not a difficult or irrelevant question. If you were involved in the recovery, you'll be able to answer it easily

You're welcome

So, does anyone know what her orientation was when she was found?

If I'm not mistaken, my understanding is she was moving head first towards the exit. Meaning, she was not backing out.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom