Cave Dive Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O.M.O.H.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
All,

I recently ran into a cave diving video on the Deep Sea Supply site and was wondering if anyone seen this? A little large, 550megs, but in hi def and worth to download. It is very inspiring.

http://www.laukien.org/JacksonBlueSept2006.wmv

Been around a while. It's on a number of cave diving sites. Awesome video though. I did some of my cave training in that cave... It's beautiful.

Here are a couple more videos of Jackson Blue. Since I have a house 10 minutes from JB, most of my cave dives are there. It definitely is a beautiful system!

Where is a cheep place to stay in that area? I've never been to Jackson Blue but would like to come up sometime.

Edd over at Cave Adventures has some trailers (http://www.caveadventurers.com/), I would reconfirm your reservations about 3 times though; his system of post-it notes seems to have some issues.

The other cheap place I often stay at is the Ramada Inn on 90 West of 273/271/whatever that road is.

Ed Jackson1:
Where is a cheep place to stay in that area? I've never been to Jackson Blue but would like to come up sometime.

Cavern's Cottage

It's a little more than the hotels, but offers a lot more than they do. And it's great if you split the rate with someone else. Call me, Edd, or Stacy to make reservations.

Downloading now... Hopefully it'll be done when I wake up! I used to think (before I even started diving), that cave diving was insane, but now that I've seen more about it, I think it's on my list of things to do someday!

BTW, PerroneFord, do you have your Techniflex yet?

I finally ended up getting the video downloaded the other day after about 2.5 hours on a wireless broadband connection. Not a bad video. Shows some nice shots of the passage, but their technique could be better. Even with the flow being down in September, they would have done better to pull and glide rather than kick all the way in. Also, what's with the dry gloves?!?!?

No doubt, there is always room for improvement in technique. However, pull and glide would have been inappropriate for this dive, given that there was virtually no flow that day. With pull and glade the diver holding the camera (who can obviously not use pull and glide) would also have fallen back behind the one who does use pull and glide. Keep in mind that this was just a short dive dedicated to taking video; we did a much longer penetration dive with a stage after this one.

As for the dry gloves, my dive buddy's dry suit doesn't have any wrist seals, so he must use the gloves.

Marc Laukien

The flow was pretty low in September, but we still did pull & glide. We also did one of our longest penetrations into JB that month. :D The reason I only film high flow on the exit is due to the difficulty of pulling and gliding with a camera. As much as I'd like to get video on the penetration, that will have to wait until I start scootering caves.

What would your buddy do if there was a silt out and he had to do a lost line search?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom