Cave 1 limits in FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris was pretty clear that the gap at Ho Tul is reasonable. It is impossible to get lost there since there is no navigational decision to make. In fact he actually ran that gap while diving with me day 1 post class. I agree that its not in "open water" as might meet the letter of the limits. Neither is the "restriction" by Luc's Hope, but I have routinuely passed through that, once without even realizing that was the "r" on the map.

Chris was pretty clear that the gap at Ho Tul is reasonable. It is impossible to get lost there since there is no navigational decision to make. In fact he actually ran that gap while diving with me day 1 post class. I agree that its not in "open water" as might meet the letter of the limits. Neither is the "restriction" by Luc's Hope, but I have routinuely passed through that, once without even realizing that was the "r" on the map.

You'd better hope you pass Cave 2, or chris might read this and take away your c1 card :)

I have every expectation of losing it :mooner:

Even without the restriction at Vaca Ha, the vis is also outside C1 limits. I seem to remember 30ft was the minimum. But hey that was actually suggested as a C1 dive too.

I have every expectation of losing it :mooner:

Even without the restriction at Vaca Ha, the vis is also outside C1 limits. I seem to remember 30ft was the minimum. But hey that was actually suggested as a C1 dive too.

"starting" viz is the requirement.
This means before you jump in the cenote and stir it up ?
i thought c2 had 10 or 20 feet viz reqmt ?
what if the cave snakes & turns every 5 feet ? do you need 30 feet then?

"starting" viz is the requirement.
This means before you jump in the cenote and stir it up ?
i thought c2 had 10 or 20 feet viz reqmt ?
what if the cave snakes & turns every 5 feet ? do you need 30 feet then?

So it was YOU who silted up the entrance to Tortuga :lotsalove:

Honestly I do like the new 2/9ths gas rule. Makes much more sense having something which scales to the size and pressure of the tanks vs. the old 500psi I was taught.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom