Caulker Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newdiver3

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone,
After looking up fifty million places to go this march, I think I've narrowed it down to Caulker Caye. Now I have no idea where to stay, or what dive ops to use. any suggestions?

I arrived there "blind" two years ago after working on a ship out of Belize City. It wasn't too difficult to locate reasonable accommodations (I'm a backpacker). I dove with Belize Diving Services.

We have been to Ambergris Caye 3 times and are going back in March. Last year we took a day trip to Caye Caulker just to see what it was like. Very Quiet. We enjoyed the day but maybe a little too quiet for us. San Pedro has an assortment of restaurants, a couple fairly well stocked grocery stores, Lions Club that has a good Chicken BBQ a couple times a week, etc. etc. I thought that because Caye Caulker was "like San Pedro 25 years ago" that it might be less expensive. Wrong again. A 15 min walk and a Belikan and you have pretty much seen the sites.
You will enjoy your stay where ever you decide.

Ramons is on Ambergis not Caye Caulker

We went a couple of months ago to Cay Caulker - dived with Belize Diving Services. You can contact them by e-mail and set up a multi-day package and get some discounts. We found the most enjoyable days were the ones further afield when they did 3 tanks.

Although BDS don't do the Blue Hole themselves, they can arrange it for you (that day we went with Frenchies but paid BDS as part of our package) - an expensive day out ($200 US if you include the park fees) but well worth it - the other 2 dives on that trip are spectacular.

Went to Caye Caulker, Ambergris and Placencia last April. Caye Caulker great for the backpacking crowd as there are a bunch of budget lodging options. I stayed in a simple motel with private bath and AC for about 30.00 per night. Dove with Frenchie's, but really enjoyed diving with 'Big Fish' dive shop. From Caulker you are closer to both the Big Hole and the Turneffe Atoll. Placencia was a cheaper destination for both good food and beachfront lodging; didn't dive down there as I just missed the full moon and the whale sharks.

Back
Top Bottom