Cats vs. Dogs Poll

Which are you?

• Dog person all the way!

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • Cats rule and dogs drool!

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melissassm:
I like dogs, but too much work, and not good for my apartment! I prefer the independence that cats display, how they like to be petted, but are fine without constant attention. My dive instructor's cat is the best cat EVER. It is a huge Maine Coon named Oliver. His head is the size of a baby's!

Depends on the dog. Some breeds are high-maintenance, others are not. Some can be left all day at home by themselves, others cannot if you want your living quarters to stay intact.

Dogs can sometimes be trained to adapt to their particular situations. I know someone who has in her small condo, believe it or not, an Aussie shepherd!! Normally not a good mix (normally active, large breed dog in a confined space), but she's had him since he was a pup and trained him to wait patiently for her every day.

One can argue that you can pretty much get this with any cat, but that IMHO makes cats a bit boring. At least with dogs you get a widely divergent range of personalities and behaviors, depending on the breed.

It's interesting to see you mention Maine Coons, since I hear they need a LOT of space (more than some small dogs), and as I've mentioned before, tend to act more dog-like than cat-like.

Brandnew2Scuba:
Not me, I treat my dog much better than I treat people. :D
Me too.

Rhodesian Ridgeback is the absolute best breed of dog ever. He doesn't bark (unless threatened), he doesn't drool, he sheds only twice a year, he has a lot of energy when we go running together but very low energy when in the home, when we're at home all he wants to do is lay at my feet, and when I go to work he fluffs up my pillow and sleeps untill I get home. Not to mention they've got to be the coolest looking dog with their trademark ridge running from shoulders to hips.

cats rule.

Back
Top Bottom