Catalyst advantages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cram

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I've read a lot of great reviews on the Fusion here on SB and elsewhere and I understand that Whites considers their other models like the Catalyst to be "legacy",
yet the Catalyst seems to retail for more than the Fusion.

I may have the opportunity to get a used Catalyst 360 in great shape for less than the cost of a new Fusion, but I'm not clear on what advantages the Catalyst has over the Fusion. Can anybody describe specifically what these are?

I saw a Catalyst in my LDS a few months ago what was in for a repair. I believe it belongs to someone in public safety. I'm not sure they are made from, but the material seemed to be a lot thicker than other trilaminate suits I have seen and was pretty stiff.

The Catalyst (in both versions) is bullet-proof and you can crawl all over nasty wrecks, jam your amr deep into holes for lobster, or dish out whatever other sort of 'tough love' you may have for your drysuit. I dive both the Fusion and the Catalyst, and i think each have their place, depending on your dive plans for that day.

For bubble management and ease of donning/doffing, the Fusion is tough to beat - it is worlds apart from any other drysuit out there.

if you are thinking of a new Fusion, check out this Smokin' Deal!

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom