Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

George the Greek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could anyone tell me what catalina Island water temp. will be this weekend (end of March)? I have a chance to dive there this weekend and am wondering if a 7mil will be warm enough?

7mm with 3mm hood and 5mm gloves were fine for us in late January. The water temp was 54º then. I would dive with the same setup now. The SI could get a bit chilly though. I recommend getting a boat coat if you don't already have one. Are you going to be on a boat or going on the ferry and shore diving?

Steve.

Bring a boat coat, sweat shirt and a towel.
You'll be OK

If you're going to be on a liveaboard I'd recommend hitting a hot shower between dives. And using same to warm up your wetsuit before donning it if you take it off between dives. Get your feet warm and dry as soon as you can too.

Steve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom