Catalina, Coltri or Luxfer for stage tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caveman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Between the Catalina S80, Luxfer AL80 and Coltri aluminium cylinders, which do divers generally prefer to use for their deco cylinders? Or are their characteristics almost entirely identical and just under different brand names?
On the note of Catalina, is there a difference between the S80 and the C80? I think it has something to to with the C80 being 3300 psi and the S80 being 3000 psi

Luxfer is generally, I think, seen as a better choice than Catalina for stages and deco b/c they trim better. There have been some threads on this and, I believe, a video showing the differences. Catalinas get butt-floaty sooner.

the 3300psi neutral 80s are horrible cylinders and hang like bricks.

Any of the others work fine, some people have stronger preferences for the luxfers which are a tiny bit less negative than catalinas, but I dont really care personally. We dont have Coltri cylinders here in North America so I cant comment on those

Back
Top Bottom