Cat Bathing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, I have washed my cat a few times :) And I'm seriously considering the regulator bag trick next..hehe.

Hehe.

One of these days I need the all kevlar cat bathing suit :)

hey maybe the guy who invented the Grizzly Bear suit can invent one for us. I mean who needs a suit to protect you from a grizzly, we need one for the cat.

Not a half bad idea either.

Perhaps:
1. Teach? cat to drink beer/daquris.
2. Encourage cat booze binge!
3. Wash passed out cat.

The only cat washing I've had anything to do with was a Bengal. Bengals LIKE water so the hard part was keeping soap on her and her out of the water.

FT

I'm allergic to cats and have helped my friend bathe hers quite a few times. I wish I would have been smart enough to wear some kind of arm coverings. They scratch me and I swell like a wet sponge. I'll never bathe another cat in my life unless I have a full protective metal suit. It may be heavy but it's worth it.

It's at times like theses that I'm a dog owner! Love cat, but knowing what I do now...hmmm..perhaps my next pet won't be a cat :wink:

Omicron:
I heard the story of an interesting way to bathe a cat. Get one of those mesh regulator/goodie bags. Insert cat. Hang the bag from your clothesline. Squirt soap in general direction of cat/bag. Squirt water in same direction. Rub the cat through the bag. Thoroughly rinse the cat and the bag.

Assuming you can get the cat inside in first place, you can also use this as a great cat drying device too. Attach a length of line to bag and swing around your head.
meow meeeooow , meow meooow etc until dry.

Also for FredT suggestion, our cats have taken to drinking out of any glass they find, which usually contains water. However they cant tell the difference when it comes to vodka or gin and tonics, turn your back for a moment and kitty is on the hard stuff.

Back
Top Bottom