Case for G10 / Ikelite box / DS51 flash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the advice gang!
What I eventually wound up doing (thought I wrote it here? I guess not) was taking a divider out of my Domke F3 photojournalist bag. The Ike box, flash, and all the racket it takes to make it work fit in there. Before I went flying, I took the handle off the Ike box to make it smaller. Not the best, but it was small and worked.
For everything else I wound up using two Pelican 1610's. They are the best, I love'em but the weight is a huge drawback. Fifty pound limit and the boxes weigh 25! I had to write down everything I brought and how it was packed so they would weigh the same on the return trip. If I had any advice, it's to put all your heavy items a duffel bag, then put that in another duffle bag (in case one busts or something). With Frontier it's cheaper to have an extra bag then it is to have a bag over the weight limit. That's what I did and they didn't even charge me for an extra bag flying out.

Back
Top Bottom