Casa Mexicana Breakfast Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dflaher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone who has stayed at the Casa Mexicana recently know whether their breakfast buffet is being offered, or is there some other breakfast arrangement?

I feel a little stupid asking this in light of the COVID situation, but I'm staying there next month and wanted to be prepared in case I needed to make other plans.

Thanks.

Not personally, have seen many accounts though they are serving breakfast to order. My bet is the buffet format is gone forever, or at least the next several years.

You order off a menu with several options. It takes a little longer so if you have a 7:30 pickup, you will want to be there before 7. Coffee and fruit is usually out by 5 til or so. We were always able to get something and be at the Aldora pier across the street by 7:30(ish). Its still great food, just takes a little longer than the buffet I preferred the buffet for all the choices and how quick you could eat...I also prefer a world before the Bat Flu.....

I believe @Scuba.Cat and @30taper just got back.

Maybe they can verify...or declare BS.

Safe travels,
Jay

You order off a menu with several options. It takes a little longer so if you have a 7:30 pickup, you will want to be there before 7. Coffee and fruit is usually out by 5 til or so. We were always able to get something and be at the Aldora pier across the street by 7:30(ish). Its still great food, just takes a little longer than the buffet I preferred the buffet for all the choices and how quick you could eat...I also prefer a world before the Bat Flu.....

I believe @Scuba.Cat and @30taper just got back.

Maybe they can verify...or declare BS.

Safe travels,
Jay

We were there in May. Breakfast was served at individual tables on the front patio and in the contiguous lobby area. We would go to the front desk the day before and order our breakfast for the next morning "at 7:00am". They would hand us a menu and we'd write down on a sheet of paper (along with our name / room#) everything we needed right down to the pot of coffee. Bit of an act of faith, but they always got it right and delivered on schedule. We love Casa Mex. It just "works". Leaving a few $$$ after each meal also helps and is the right thing to do in any case.

If you’re catching the 7:30 Aldora boats, get down to the lobby early. I always order the same thing and leave some pesos as an incentive for prompt service. The waiters and waitresses all know me by now,..which helps.

in June the table service worked great for me. I got there at 7 sharp, got my food an walked around to tres pelicanos right on time by 7:40.

No worries.

We were there in May. Breakfast was served at individual tables on the front patio and in the contiguous lobby area. We would go to the front desk the day before and order our breakfast for the next morning "at 7:00am". They would hand us a menu and we'd write down on a sheet of paper (along with our name / room#) everything we needed right down to the pot of coffee. Bit of an act of faith, but they always got it right and delivered on schedule. We love Casa Mex. It just "works". Leaving a few $$$ after each meal also helps and is the right thing to do in any case.

Hi:

We are considering Cozumel in December. Just back from Playa Del Carmen and now want to stay on the island. I am considering Casa Mexicana. Why do you like it? Are the rooms comfy? We do not mind paying a bit more for some comfort. I appreciate any input you wish to share.

Thanks

Rooms at Casa Mex are modern and I find them very comfortable. For a little more per night you can get a nice water view if you want (if available).

The location is a big plus as you can walk to most restaurants and grocery stores, and if using Tres Pelicanos it's right around the corner. If you do use 3P have Jeannie book your CM room for better pricing.

Only negative is the pool is very shallow and fairly small if that matters to you.

Rooms at Casa Mex are modern and I find them very comfortable. For a little more per night you can get a nice water view if you want (if available).

The location is a big plus as you can walk to most restaurants and grocery stores, and if using Tres Pelicanos it's right around the corner. If you do use 3P have Jeannie book your CM room for better pricing.

Only negative is the pool is very shallow and fairly small if that matters to you.

Thank you very much

When I stayed there a month or so ago, I would place my breakfast order the evening before and it would be ready when I arrived at the start of breakfast. This was much easier than ordering the morning off. Of course, you need to be the type of person that knows what you want the night before to do this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom