Carrying case for Oly 5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okie.....your CCV pics made me homesick! I've still got 79 days to go!

Thanks for the anticipation!

Dee, I know what you mean....we hope to get back there someday (my hubby is one short of a freebie) but there seem to be too many other places to see! I have heard that Bill and Ev are selling due to health reasons--I also heard that Michelle married a guest and has moved to the states!

Dee,

Thanks for th info on the Trim Trekker. I assume you carry your camera in it as well. Also, have you tried it with your new D180 strobe?

Thanks

Balls

okiediver1:
....I have heard that Bill and Ev are selling due to health reasons--I also heard that Michelle married a guest and has moved to the states!

Just returned yesterday. Bill and Ev are not selling! In fact Mr. Bill is on another building spree. 12 more units, A/C suites, to be built at the end of Cabana Row plus a freshwater pool. You know how he does things in stages. They were working on the pilings for the buildings this week, you should see the dirt they've moved! Hearing Mr. Bill talk about it, it's going to be really spiffy. Should be finished when we go back next April!

Oh, I'm sure if someone handed him enough $$$$$$$$.$$ he'd sign the papers but he's not actively looking for buyers.

Balls....With Beast and I both having camera rigs, the Trim Trekker just wasn't big enough this trip. We decided to ship everything in the large Pelican 1650 case. But for short trips, I definately still use it. The D-180 is amazing! As with any new piece of gear, I still need some practice but I was very impressed with it this week.

Dee:
I use a Lowepro Trim Trekker. It's small but I can get everything in it. I especially like the pullout drawer section on the bottom. When I started carrying my laptop I bought a different backpack with a built-in section for it but it was so big and really heavy. So heavy I couldn't pass the carry-on weight limits and had to pack the strobe, tray and arms in my checked luggage.

So I've gone back to the Trim Trekker where I can have all my photo gear in one place. I'll just carry my laptop in it's small case seperately.

Dee what's the built-in laptop section bag you used to use? it interested me

For me i'm not sure to separate notebook and camera to two packs.

Thanks in advance

Dee:
Balls....With Beast and I both having camera rigs, the Trim Trekker just wasn't big enough this trip. We decided to ship everything in the large Pelican 1650 case. But for short trips, I definately still use it. The D-180 is amazing! As with any new piece of gear, I still need some practice but I was very impressed with it this week.

Dee, I hate to be a pest, but I'm trying to find out if you are actually able to fit all your photo gear (as shown in the gallery) including your new Inon D180 strobe in the Trim Trekker. I'm not sure if it's big enough - I have just about the same amount/size of "stuff" (Actually a tad more!) and want to make sure I'm getting the correct bag. I'm also looking at the Mini Trekker Classic, Orion, and Photo Trekker Classic. Thanks so much for your help - as always...

Hey i've just got my new bag from singapore it is a computrek from lowepro it's very good and fit for my gear and notebook with accessaries
the camera compartment
oly5050z + pt-015 + 1 d180 + epoque WAL +8 inches ultralight arm and tray + 4 pack of 4AA batteries and 2 chargers
notebook compartment
15 inch notebook + adapter + mouse + some cd and accesories

the overall weight is quite ok (it is heavy if you ask) but still can pass the carry on weight (7 KGs)

balls:
Dee, I hate to be a pest, but I'm trying to find out if you are actually able to fit all your photo gear (as shown in the gallery) including your new Inon D180 strobe in the Trim Trekker. I'm not sure if it's big enough - I have just about the same amount/size of "stuff" (Actually a tad more!) and want to make sure I'm getting the correct bag. I'm also looking at the Mini Trekker Classic, Orion, and Photo Trekker Classic. Thanks so much for your help - as always...

Yes, I can get it all in there, plus some. What isn't listed in the batteries chargers, maintainence kit, etc. With the exception of my laptop, I can get everything I need in it. But it's packed to the hilt when I do! If you don't mind a little bigger pack, you might want to go with the Mini Trekker, I'm not familiar with the other two.

Dee:
Yes, I can get it all in there, plus some. What isn't listed in the batteries chargers, maintainence kit, etc. With the exception of my laptop, I can get everything I need in it. But it's packed to the hilt when I do! If you don't mind a little bigger pack, you might want to go with the Mini Trekker, I'm not familiar with the other two.

Sounds great. Very helpful. I'll take a look around and get either the Trim or the Mini.

Next trip - Sea of Cortez (San Carlos) on Memorial Day. I'm nervous and excited to use my new setup for the first time. Hopefully all goes well. Pictures to follow...

Ciao

Back
Top Bottom