Carry Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlowe

Registered
Reaction score
This may sound like a silly question, but I never dive with a light. I am planning a trip to Destin and in typical fashion, when I plan a trip I buy more gear :wink:.

I bought a small torch light (Intova compact) and I bought a GoPro. I am building an aluminum tray for the GoPro and also bought an extendable mono as another option. I plan to clip the camera to my BC when not in use.

What is the best way to carry the light? I could just strap it to my wrist with the lanyard, or I could get one of those cord lanyard to clip it tight to the BC when not in use. What is the recommended way to carry?

I wear a wrap-around BC that has 2 reasonable pockets. I carry my torch in a pocket until I need it, and then I use the wrist lanyard. I found that leaving it on the wrist lanyard all the time put it in my way often enough to be inconvenient. If I attached it to my BC I would take care to figure out how to keep it streamlined (to not drag the bottom).

It might also depend on why you're carrying it: safety? (no intended deployment); to peek into cracks/crevasses? (sporadic if any use); night dive and this is your back-up light? (again, no intended deployment); deep/low light dive? (it could get some considerable use)

Take the lanyard and a spare clip and try out a couple of different configurations to see what works for you.

Back
Top Bottom