Carribean locations near Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gussa

New
Reaction score
Hi. Hope I have the right location for this question. My wife and I have come back to diving after a long time off. We each have 200+ dives over the years but only a few dozen in the last decade .. (the Barrier & Indonesia). We live in the UK now and retrained OW with a PADI outfit in Cyprus last month. We will be passing thro' Miami next March (on business) and have a week (25th to 31st) free - We were thinking of an all inclusive week somewhere in the Bahamas or Caymans - (somewhere close and cheap to get to from Miami). Somewhere quiet with good diving, a good beach, reasonable accomodation, reasonable kit rental. Got to watch the $s. Any good ideas? All suggestions of hotels, diving outfits, etc gratefully acknowledged.

Well, the Caymans would be out, or so I've heard. Given that you're re-starting point is Miami, your most ecomical opportunites would be South Florida and Florida Keys - which provides some excellent possibilities. I'd travel halfway across the nation to spend a week diving the wrecks of the upper and middle keys.

Would you like more in that vein, or do you really want to go someplece else? That'll run your expenditures up a few hundred American bucks each, you know...

don

I agree with Dandydon. The closest cheapest diving to Miami is the Keys. Check out the wreck diving opportunities off Key Largo. The Speigel Grove is 510 feet of wreck and a great dive. If you want better diving I would head over to the Turks & Caicos. Less than a one hour flight from Miami. Truly awesome diving. Very quiet. Good beaches. It may be a little more than the budget will stand though. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom