Carribean liveaboard w/ internet access?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know of any Caribbean liveaboards with real internet access. Email access is getting more common, at least some of the Peter Hughes and Aggressor boats have it, but you can't access your regular email - they give you a special account to use during the trip that you could send out to people you want to email you. I think it's text only but not positive. Still an expensive thing to do at sea.

The Taka in Australia is the only boat I've been on with real internet access. Supposedly available on much of their itinerary. I didn't use it but at least one passenger was. Charged by the meg and not cheap.

Not Carribean, but the Kona Aggressor is known for having cell phone reception much of the time and if you have a cell modem you might get lucky. We didn't try, on principal. :wink:

I'm not sure but I think Nekton just added access?

The Cayman Aggressor has off and on internet available through its cell phone connection. You do get cell reception and blackberry service or whatever internet/cell service you have everywhere around Grand Cayman and, if you have the right phone, around the sister islands as well. I have seen several people use the network card adaptors on their laptop and roam on the local networks.

I just spent a week on the Kona Aggressor (Excellent boat, excellent diving!) and we had cell phone access the entire week so I was surfing on my iPhone at least a few minutes per day (that's the 5 minutes I wasn't either eating, diving or sleeping ) :D

Of course, if my wife had caught me surfing the net while on vacation, there would have been hell to pay!

JP

Back
Top Bottom