Caribbean Sharks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bmax

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone. I am a newly certified open water diver. I am very interested in diving with sharks. I have been facinated by theses creatures of the sea all my life. I guess my question is... Where can i find and dive with these fish? I currently live in the Dominican Republic. So if anyone has some feed back ...please let me know......Thanx

Hello everyone. I am a newly certified open water diver. I am very interested in diving with sharks. I have been facinated by theses creatures of the sea all my life. I guess my question is... Where can i find and dive with these fish? I currently live in the Dominican Republic. So if anyone has some feed back ...please let me know......Thanx

Bahamas and Turks & Caicos are great places to see sharks. The liveaboards at both are your best bet for seeing them. Lots of reef sharks, nurse sharks, and sometimes hammerheads, bulls, and tiger sharks are seen throughout the Bahamas. Nektoncruises.com goes to Cay Sal Bank and Medio Reef where you can see reef sharks and nurse sharks daily if not every dive.
Places like Belize, Roatan and Cozumel have nurse sharks but you aren't guaranteed to see them every day. Roatan has a shark feeding dive where you can see reef sharks.

In the Pacific, Palau is where you should go if you want to see sharks every dive, sometimes dozens of sharks on every dive. That is the sharkiest place on the planet.

robin:D

I am very interested in diving with sharks.

Sounds dangerous to me. I'd prolly poop myself.

Hi,
You don't have to go anywhere from DR, if you want to see the sharks. I live in Bayahibe Dominican Republic and I am fascinated by sharks as well and have been diving with them and studying them for many years. I know where to go diving and can see them here every day. You have to remember, sharks are shy and they stay away from busy diving places. If you are interested, contact me.
Happy diving
:sharkattack:

santa lucia in cuba is a good place for wild bull sharks. i went there a few years ago, they do feed the sharks but the fish is freshly speared off the reef.

it's about a half hour dive, you swim down past the shipwreck of mortera, thenth bull sharks are about 30m downa nd the guide feeds them then you swim back up through the wreck itself. i saw 5 bullsharks when i was down there.

santa lucia in cuba is a good place for wild bull sharks. i went there a few years ago, they do feed the sharks but the fish is freshly speared off the reef.

it's about a half hour dive, you swim down past the shipwreck of mortera, thenth bull sharks are about 30m downa nd the guide feeds them then you swim back up through the wreck itself. i saw 5 bullsharks when i was down there.
Wow, i bet that was really something....Thank you

Bahamas and Turks & Caicos are great places to see sharks. The liveaboards at both are your best bet for seeing them. Lots of reef sharks, nurse sharks, and sometimes hammerheads, bulls, and tiger sharks are seen throughout the Bahamas. Nektoncruises.com goes to Cay Sal Bank and Medio Reef where you can see reef sharks and nurse sharks daily if not every dive.
Places like Belize, Roatan and Cozumel have nurse sharks but you aren't guaranteed to see them every day. Roatan has a shark feeding dive where you can see reef sharks.

In the Pacific, Palau is where you should go if you want to see sharks every dive, sometimes dozens of sharks on every dive. That is the sharkiest place on the planet.

robin:D
Thanks alot for your feedback on sharks. Something to keep in mind on where to go.

One a single dive I saw THIRTEEN white-tip sharks right off the coast of Playa Del Coco in Costa Rica! That was awesome! We also saw about a dozen rays on the same dive. :D

Last edited:
My four shark dives have been with Stuart Coves dive bahamas. Awesome operation. Check them out online

One a single dive I saw THIRTEEN white-tip sharks right off the coast of Playa Del Coco in Costa Rica! That was awesome! We also saw about a dozen rays on the same dive. :D
OUTSTANDING!! I bet that was really something!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom