Caribbean live aboard deals currently available?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did anyone mention All Star Liveaboard's Fall Aqua Cat quad. room promo.? Airfare from a number of places might not be bad, it's a very reputable boat (haven't had the pleasure), and could be well worthwhile.

Other Bahamas options that would likely be more upscale than Blackbeards would be the Juliet and the Bahamas Aggressor. But with that sale, I'd see if I could work Aqua Cat into my plans, if it were me.

Richard.

There are no Caribbean liveaboards "far out at sea" In many cases you'll be near an island - not always inhabited though...

I don't know about that, I have been on LOBs where you stay pretty close to land, but also on others that do deep water crossings and wander rather far and feel far out to sea with no land in sight. You might see a glow on the horizon, but would be much too far to swim.

I always think that diving is easiest from an LOB and living is easiest at a resort or in a condo. As others have said, the advantages of a LOB are that you get to do a lot of diving, and often in more pristine and remote locations. And if the weather is acting up, the Captain can alter the course to find the best options.

On the other hand, if the weather is really bad, you are stuck on a boat without much to do. I like both land-based and LOB-based dive vacations but they each have pros and cons.

One advantage of a LOB for a single diver is that you won't have to pay a single supplement, but only if you are willing to share a cabin with a same-gender diver.

Did anyone mention All Star Liveaboard's Fall Aqua Cat quad. room promo.? Airfare from a number of places might not be bad, it's a very reputable boat (haven't had the pleasure), and could be well worthwhile.

Other Bahamas options that would likely be more upscale than Blackbeards would be the Juliet and the Bahamas Aggressor. But with that sale, I'd see if I could work Aqua Cat into my plans, if it were me.

Richard.

That link was great . Does the crew assist in securing the BC, tank,weights etc or is it all by ourselves ? Reason asking is in Belize ( Amigos del mar) took care of me soooo well , all I had to do was breathe and kick :)

In general would you advice a beginner [who stays with the DM especially diving below 60F] to choose Cayman brac beach resort for a week or This LOB?

Isn't there more to see in Cayman than Bahamas.... IDK just asking!

Thx!!!

On the live-aboards I've been on, you set your gear up once. After a dive, disconnect first stage from tank so they can refill, test your nitrox mix, put first stage back on.

That’s it. No swapping tanks, breaking gear down at day’s end and rinsing. I might take my dive computer and camera in to recharge batteries.

The work of gearing up is minimal on Caribbean live -aboards from I saw.

Richard.

Hey Rich,

I got a deal with aggressor via caradona.... for sep29. Good thing about it i can use award tickets to fly phl to provo.

How's that compared to aqua cat?

Aggressor® | Official Site | Liveaboards, Safaris & River Cruises

Only thing my flight is less miles going in sep28 Friday so need to find cheap hotel in provo for a night.... I'll check hotels.Com i guess.... I'm a single Male traveling.

Hey Rich,

I got a deal with aggressor via caradona.... for sep29. Good thing about it i can use award tickets to fly phl to provo.

How's that compared to aqua cat?

Aggressor® | Official Site | Liveaboards, Safaris & River Cruises

Only thing my flight is less miles going in sep28 Friday so need to find cheap hotel in provo for a night.... I'll check hotels.Com i guess.... I'm a single Male traveling.

A liveaboard is the best way to dive Provo IMO. I think that Ports of Call would be a good hotel for a short stay and it is near some restaurants for meals. We have stayed there a couple of times; it's not on the beach but you will be on a boat for most of the trip.

Turks and Caicos Hotel | Grace Bay Resort – Ports of Call | Caribbean

My son and I stayed at Ports of Call once. The trips out to the good diving are just too far. If I would ever go back to T&C, I would take one of the liveaboards. Good diving, good sharks

My son and I stayed at Ports of Call once. The trips out to the good diving are just too far. If I would ever go back to T&C, I would take one of the liveaboards. Good diving, good sharks
Thanks all.

... and they're just reef shark, nurse sharks right lol. No tigers, great white i hope

Thanks all.

... and they're just reef shark, nurse sharks right lol. No tigers, great white i hope

Mostly Grey Reef and Nurse Sharks. I think we saw some juvenile Lemon Sharks near the shore once - at least I think that was in the T&Cs but I can't remember - maybe it was in the Bahamas - but they were small sharks.

Back
Top Bottom