Carib Dancer trip report November 10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow this is incredible, dancer fleet is not doing a great job with this...so what is costumer service....

Well Allison Finch like you I have been on many many live a boards from luxury on down, however Dancer fleet markets their boats as "luxury dive yachts". Do not assume you would hate having me on a boat because I always have a blast and make the best out of every situation. This post is meant to give consumers an accurate account of exactly what the boat and destination hold for them. I spent 8 years in the army and slept in some pretty ****ty places but you know what the Army did not sell me on luxury so I did not expect it....Dancer fleet sells you on luxury...coffee in your stateroom, fresh hot towels...luxury cotton bath robes!!! How about this...shredded towels, no off of coffee in your stateroom and one robe for 4 guest in the room. Not that I even want any of those items, but he is the deal....when you come to my place of business you get exactly what I advertise and if there is ever a customer service issue it is addressed directly and I do not personally attack clients in the process.
8 did not tip...that's BS even if it were true. Greg is a very close friend of mine and a crew member on the boat, he used to work at sunset house and I dive there 2-3 times a year. I have never not tipped, I have a lot of close friends in the industry and understand that's how they make their living and I can't stand it when guest forget that's how they make their living!!! In fact like I stated before the ONLY tips came from our group!!
I know your hard core and apparently do not care if you get ****ty service or a ****ty boat! I work hard for my money and I want what I am promised!! If you do not then hey hats your business, but don't make the assumption I am high maintenance or complain about everything, my post is an accurate description of Dancer fleets operation in the Bahamas and it is spot on!! I can certainly give you my dive itinerary for he next two years and perhaps we can dive together and you can see for yourself exactly who i am and what I'm like on a boat!

As a side note to all of this, I spoke with the Explorer Ventures folks at DEMA and they hope that soon they will be able to announce a couple of new destinations with their fleet. I think they are ironing out the details. I think it would be great if the added the Caymans and Belize to their destinations.

I had been considering the Bahamas and the Carib Dancer as a near-term trip. After reading this and the other report, I think I'll pass. I've been on some pretty iffy dive boats before and I do not expect luxury at all. I'm there to do the most dives I safely can and obtain the most underwater footage possible for my cable TV show. I've had friends who've worked on both the Aggressor and the Peter Hughes fleet in various locations, so I know not all their boats are like this one appears to be. I won't rule them out.

I had heard they improved, so I am booked on the Carib for next may. Now I am a bit worried , but hopefull. The Belize Dancer was great last month. I hope they get it together on the Carib.

As a side note to all of this, I spoke with the Explorer Ventures folks at DEMA and they hope that soon they will be able to announce a couple of new destinations with their fleet. I think they are ironing out the details. I think it would be great if the added the Caymans and Belize to their destinations.

Oh how I hope that plays out for Exp Ventures. Love that company and would love to see them add on some new Caribbean destinations.

Oh how I hope that plays out for Exp Ventures. Love that company and would love to see them add on some new Caribbean destinations.

They wouldn't tell me where they were but said they are very popular destinations. I have to believe that one would be the Caymans but you never know.

They wouldn't tell me where they were but said they are very popular destinations. I have to believe that one would be the Caymans but you never know.

And I won't be surprised to see at least one more operator offering Bahamas charters. :cool2: Looking forward to it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom