Carib Dancer trip report November 10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few pics would be worth a thousand words here. From the emphasis on comparison to excretement throughout the report, I could believe the OP could be "outspoken", but that doesn't necessarily reflect on the truthfulness of the report, either way. The "nobody went to the cocktail party because of him" is kind of strange because there is always some less than desireable participant on such boats, but I wouldn't let that stop me from enjoying what I paid for. I'd expect you need partners to be so disruptive, but there was no mention by the boat report.

Well pictures do not lie! I am not sure who did not tip, certainly was not me as I can also present a receipt showing my more then generous tip of $250.00. I do not punish crew for things that are clearly the fault of the company. However we did, along with all the guest but 4 I think leave the boat and not return for the cocktail party. Why would we return? The great food?? Again as soon s I am to the office today I will produce photos of the boat and you guys here can decide for yourselves.

Present what? I presented it here, I do not need a voucher for Nitrox. Which by the way was working. As far as language, Captain Dennis did ask on Thursday that we watch our language, although he never directed that, or spoke to any individual privately to my knowledge. I would think that if it were a problem the Captain would privately speak to the individual. Captain Dennis certainly did not seem the type of leader that would have a problem addressing an issue to a guest. Most of the conversation on the vessel centered around Election results.

Bottom line here as evidence in the photos will show, this destination is really bad, but the boat is even worse!

I do not think I trash talked the company as I stated that they have many destinations and charters that I have been on and have booked in the future, I am simply stating the facts about their vessel the Crib Dancer. They seem to respond combatively which is always an indication of a statement hitting too close to home. Stay tuned for photos and receipts!! I have encouraged others who traveled to write their own version on the trip here, lets be fair and balanced!!

I'll be interested in seeing the pictures, but on the other hand I'm pretty sure what they'll show since I've already seen the boat in person. As Scuba Works said, we wrote a respectful letter to Wayne & Wayne and then were pretty much accused of trying to extort money from Aggressor/Dancer. This is what Wayne & Wayne wrote in Undercurrent regarding our complaints:

"While there's always two sides to a story and anyone could argue who's to blame and what should be done, we were threatened from the start by her and her group to give them all their money back or suffer the consequences of what they could do, using blogs and e-mails to everyone they knew just so they could hurt our companies. I'm sorry, but this is unfair and unjustified."

They showed their true colors. There are problems with the operation in this location that still have not resolved. More than one of the crew members on this boat stated that their experience was a "nightmare" due to mismanagement and the boat having continuing unresolved issues.

Rather than addressing and correcting the very real issues and problems, their mode of operation is to flame anyone who dares to state the facts.

Here are some photos to get us started, I will post more. You will notice a printout from my bank account here is the breakdown of that transaction, I will get out the actual receipt from Mario so you can verify. Dancer fleet do not ever question my integrity or the accuracy of my post because I always collect the evidence to back up my claims. I praised every boat I have been on with your company, including ones you personally own, Belize, Turks, Cayman, etc. I have never had a bad word to say and anytime something needed resolved you have always been fair in that regard. However this response where you simply try to attack me and make no effort to address the concerns and facts contained herein, would only lead me and others to believe you are on the defensive and choose personal attacks over fixing, or addressing the problems or concerns. If there were a problem then why did Dennis not bring it to our attention personally?

---------- Post Merged at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Notice if you will the beautifully painted dive deck and lockers. Freshly painted!! Notice the roomy bunks, air ducts, plumbing in room 1. Notice the receipt from my bank breakdown:
$250 Tip
Nitrox was free from a friend of mine who is a crew member
One T-shirt, two hoodies for my girls and 10% dive the world discount!!

Attachments

• DSC02139a.jpg
    DSC02139a.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC02140a.jpg
    DSC02140a.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC02141a.jpg
    DSC02141a.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC02144a.jpg
    DSC02144a.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC02145a.jpg
    DSC02145a.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC02146a.jpg
    DSC02146a.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC02147a.jpg
    DSC02147a.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC02148a.jpg
    DSC02148a.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC02149a.jpg
    DSC02149a.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC02150a.jpg
    DSC02150a.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC02151a.jpg
    DSC02151a.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC02166a.jpg
    DSC02166a.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC02120.jpg
    DSC02120.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC02121.jpg
    DSC02121.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC02122.jpg
    DSC02122.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 221
Look at the patchwork carpet throughout, the filthy air intake, again the fresh paint, the welds on the dive ladder. The hangers, which by the way were one per diver while the crew enjoyed about 10 Each!!
Come on this is not rocket science, these are the facts Dancer fleet!! Own up to them!! If you'd like I can certainly fairly review all the other boats of yours I have been on, that way people here can see that this is not an attack on your company, but a fair and balanced report on a single boat and a single destination!!

---------- Post Merged at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Here is the great vent work and bathroom, or in suite head.....

---------- Post Merged at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:30 PM ----------

We were told the same thing by the crew Bubble Maker, they do not get what they ask for from the company!!!

---------- Post Merged at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Shasta Man...Agree and if we were disruptive then why in the world would the captain not make an attempt to speak with us about such behavior? And And we were 4 of the 9 who got off the boat and did not return for the party!! The bottom line here is teh conditions of the boat were so bad that everyone who could afford to eft the vessel the first chance we got!!

---------- Post Merged on November 16th, 2012 at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous Post was on November 15th, 2012 at 12:30 PM ----------

Oh and one last thing I did notice, the Captains log repot was written after I posted this thread!

Attachments

• DSC02124.jpg
    DSC02124.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC02122.jpg
    DSC02122.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC02121.jpg
    DSC02121.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC02120.jpg
    DSC02120.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC02119.jpg
    DSC02119.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC02118.jpg
    DSC02118.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC02116.jpg
    DSC02116.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC02117.jpg
    DSC02117.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC02134.jpg
    DSC02134.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC02133.jpg
    DSC02133.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC02132.jpg
    DSC02132.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC02128.jpg
    DSC02128.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC02136.jpg
    DSC02136.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC02135.jpg
    DSC02135.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 199
If Ranger c truly did leave a tip for the crew and Wayne/Wayne accused him of not tipping you will never live that statement down with future customers. The pictures indicate that most of the ship is still in bad disrepair. I was told by the crew on our trip that Wayne/Wayne would not even return their calls for repairs help. Capt Dennis you must be a saint to put up with whats going on. BTW Dennis the invitation is still on to dive with us anytime in Fla. Also for information, Myself and wife left $500.00 in tips on a ship that was the worst dive vacation we have ever experienced. As a reminder, they sent a rebuttal letter admitting many problems that we experienced. Their was no extortion, all was communicated before anything was put on SB.

I was at DEMA and I spoke with several liveaboard operations about future trips. I guess these companies all keep tabs on each other because most I spoke with knew about the July trip on the Carib Dancer and how the company responded. They are all smiling.

Last edited:
I have been on MANY liveaboards from the fancier "boutique" liveaboards to some whose boats have been around the reef a few times. What I have learned is that I am just not that easily disappointed. I would be less than happy about no hot water in the bathroom, but I usually do most of my cleaning in the deck showers anyway, so not really a problem for me.

I was raised on a boat, and I know there is no worse or more corrosive environment than a marine one. It takes a deep and immediate toll on any structure or boat. I, personally, think some of the photos shown are a bit silly. Are you really upset at two coat hangers taped together to make tham strong enough to hold a wetsuit? REALLY? Many of the photos you posted to show a "horrible" boat are a bit ridiculous, IMO. It shows that, just maybe, you are one of THOSE people who are just impossible to please.

As for the chipped paint. While I would, personally, put new gel-coat on fiberglass in lieu of paint. NO paint will last past one trip with the heavy wear and tear of dive equip. The carpets being patchwork? Who cares? Broken window? How do you know when that happened?

I do not know you from Adam, but I suspect you are one of those people I dread showing up on any charter.....and they always do. One who cannot be pleased, no matter what.

I would go on that boat, although I will agree that this particular destination is not my cup of tea.

I would go on that boat, although I will agree that this particular destination is not my cup of tea.

You might want to do a bit more research. A group of twelve of us had quite a number of issues on our charter on this boat, ranging from no water (hot or cold!) to inedible food. (Imagine, if you will, not being able to flush a toilet on a boat with over a dozen people aboard for an extended period of time.) You can read the whole story here in case you missed it: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...dancer-fleets-new-carib-dancer-lots-pics.html And we were a group with lots of liveaboard and travel experience, on all types on boats, many in remote locations.

I'd wonder why they can't seem to keep a stable crew on this boat if they really have improved things at all. For my part, I know I won't be giving any further business to a company that won't stand behind its products and services, and management who tries to attack anyone who raises legitimate concerns about their operations.

I am really dissapointed in the Dancer Fleets response to this thread. Rather than taking the high road and professionally respond to the complaints they try to attack the character of the poster. Under no circumstance should a business be posting comments about a client's tipping. Why can't the Dancer Fleet respond with facts and photos and let the consumers decide? Personally, I would not be bent out of shape about some chipped paint when 90% of the boat had fresh paint. The worn carpet also not a big deal. Toilets not flushing, lack of climate control, lack of head room on the top bunk and a company that attacks a client on a message board who raised some concerns ... well I guess that might affect where I spend my money.

The Aggressor / Dancer Fleet has really dropped the ball on bringing new boats on board. The Baja Aggressor was brought on board when the permit situation was not straightened out for either Guadalupe or Soccoro Island (one of the Guadalupe trips was sent home early, the boat did not leave port the following week when passangers were scheduled. And one of the Soccoro trips never left port. Finally the plug was pulled on the boat which is very unfortunate because those are great dive locations).

Back
Top Bottom