Card Collector - Definition?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was one year ago Friday when I took my very first swimming lesson...

Did you start wearing a scuba tank because it went very well or because it went very badly?

Did you start wearing a scuba tank because it went very well or because it went very badly?

My ex-wife learned how to swim because she wanted to take up scuba diving ... and she could not even begin the class until she could swim 200 yards.

Nowadays she's doing more swimming than scuba diving ... she just this past Saturday completed her first triathlon ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

This is the one I aspire to someday earn ...

lemonwedgetrimixinstructor.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks Bob, I just spewed my tea.....with lemon wedge.

I spolke to a guy at a LDS requesting info on the SSI Solo diver course and I think he had something like 42 different C-cards, but I still wouldnt consider him a "card collector"..
He was certified to IDC staff with PADI and was (atleast and possibly beyond) instructor certified for SSI/TDI, CMAS, NAUI and pretty much whatever other agency you can find.
I guess he might be my choice of instructor for the Solo Diver course, not because he has a huge stack of cards, but because he asked all the questions I had satisfactory and he asked some rather awkward questions that I had to really think to find the answers for..

I spolke to a guy at a LDS requesting info on the SSI Solo diver course and I think he had something like 42 different C-cards

He won't find an SSI Solo Diver course ... :no:

SDI maybe ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... if the cards give me access to the dives I wanna do (and the skills to do them safely) ... you betchya ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob's hit the nail on the head:

A diver gets the cards in order to dive.

A card collector dives in order to get the the cards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom