Card Collector - Definition?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then, when they get below, they clearly don't dive with the skill their extensive training would dictate.

You can't hide skills in the water... every time I hear a blowhard in the LDS or elsewhere I always want to see what they look like in the water... the last dive trip I was on there was one guy who kept going on and on about his "AOW" skills, and he sucked even worse than I did (I am a bit better now, but I still suck :) )

Blowhards will be blowhards, by land, sea or air.

I agree with Walter, there are alot of useless speciality certifications that people feel the need to take that cost over a $100 each once you get the book and pay for the class. My favorite speciality is the PADI 'Aquarium Diver' certification. This one costs $325 and includes two dives in the local aquarium's fish tank.

True, well except for those "recognition" cards that have no class.

What about divers that have no class? :lotsalove: If they get a card does it negate there crass demeaner? Sort of like drinking a diet coke after eating 15 cookies deletes the calories, right? :D

p744727498-2.jpg

Rookie!

PICT0088.jpg

Two points:

First, I took that shot before my Master Scuba Diver card arrived and it doesn't include my DAN card... so I am only 3 short of yours.

Secondly, I've only been diving for 10 months... this time last year, I didn't even know how to swim! I AM a rookie :)

this time last year, I didn't even know how to swim!

it's just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right ...

wait, no... that's something else

If "card collectors" exist, this must be like the Honus Wagner.

Back
Top Bottom