Carbon Monoxide suspected in incident with 12 children - UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see no way a parent could save their child but they could be a witness or they could pull their kid part way through if they saw negligent behavior. There is the potential that they could be a negative influence as well as Patoux01 said.

@Patoux01
Sorry, I only have experience with this one. Also is the same brand os my gas analyser, and it is an Italian company, so for me (I am Italian) is very convenient for spare and (if needed) repairs.

Cheers

I personally use this one:
DE-OX SAFE Carbon monoxide analyzer – TEMC DE-OX® Digital Computers and Analyzers

It is sold and manifactured in Europe and I bought it from the DAN Europe website ...
Already found a Trimix bottle with 6 ppm ... fortunately it was a 3 liters bottle for the reb, otherwise it might have been expensive ....

Cheers
I have one of these as well. I bought it from Nuvair in the US:

Carbon Monoxide Analyzers – Nuvair

I now use a Cootwo as I prefer the convenience of being able to analyze for both CO and O2 at the same time. Also, the De-Ox unit is kind of large - Cootwo is much more compact.

They seem to be hard-ish to find in Europe. In the US there's at least oxycheq that has one and cootwo (or monox), neither of which I could find in Europe.

drager sells one but it is intended for industrial use and expensive

This may be a bit off topic, but in a scenario like this, is a school teaching or having the scuba taught to a group of kids? Are parents required to be there? I couldn't really imagine, knowing what I know now, being comfortable having a young teen son or daughter getting lessons without being there. Maybe that's overprotective?
I sat in on my daughter's scuba classes. CO poisoning wasn't really on my mind though.

The shop didn't bat an eye when I asked to watch. They said it was pretty common. Besides, I didn't want to drive across town and then sit in the car for hours, nor did I want to spend the time driving back and forth twice... So I sat in a chair, watched, and took some pics/video with my cell phone that I'll enjoy for years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom