Carbon monoxide from compressors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is off topic but I can't leave a hanging chad. The pressure in Bauer's second stage varies, a lot. I'm guessing this has to do with the third stage floating piston. On startup, this piston bangs around inside the cylinder and continues to rattle until it is restrained by head pressure. My WAG is that the 3rd stage outlet is constricted to allow rapid build up of pressure in the third stage head space to quiet that piston. However, this could also mean that the third stage does not dump all its air on the upstroke. As delivery pressure increases, the residual pressure in the third stage would increase meaning that the 2nd stage would be pumping against an increasing head in #3. Sounds good anyway.

Looking at the stage temperatures it is likely that Bauer has intentionally kept the output of their compressors low relative to displacement. Otherwise, the temperatures would rise and be more likely to enter the danger zone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom