Car Rental Update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay, it's official. We're going back to Coz on Oct. 18 of this year, after a couple of years hiatus for various reasons. Long overdue, but there you are. And it occurred to me that I should ask for a car rental update. We have used ISIS a couple of times before and were well pleased, but when I looked at their website now it seems to me that they have been jiggering with their insurance policies and rates. It used to be all included before in their daily rate, but now I see additional fees for liability? Has anyone used them recently, and how are they comparing with the rest of the flock down there? Many thanks for your help. Woody

now I see additional fees for liability Woody
The law regarding auto liability claims in Mexico changed last year and one of the things that is new is a MUCH higher maximum limit (different states have different limits) that an injured party can claim, so any rental agency would have had its coverage limits raised and it probably costs more now. I doubt that ISIS (now THAT's becoming an unfortunate name!) is doing any unreasonable "jiggering."

Everyone has their favorite agency. Mine is Isis. Margarita is scrupulously honest, and she'll help you out in the unfortunate event that you do crash or injure someone.

We own a car on the island and I will nevertheless still likely rent from her in the future when we have more people than will fit in the car or if our group needs to split and go different places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom