Car keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a round waterproof bottle from the dive store. A phone fits in. Just make sure you keep the rubber o-ring clean and lube it up once in awhile. Then they won't leak. I dive to 130 feet. No problems yet. And please don't hide the key under a rock. Someone came back from the dive and the truck was gone. The thief was watching them when they hid the key.

From reading older posts, it seems the OMS Waterproof Canister was widely used for this sort of thing, but it's no longer available:
OMS Waterproof Canister PLB-CAN-K with reviews at scuba.com

You have a source for something similar?

I have had hard plastic containers implode on deeper dives (90 ft). I prefer the soft pouches: Dry-Pak Alligator Wallet, 4 in. X 4 in. (10.2 X 10.2 cm.) at LeisurePro. But I don't think I would take anything with me that would be destroyed by a soaking. $$ and CCs dry out. A plastic baggie will not help much with something like a phone at 2+ atm.

Hey there Awap, funny you said that, we had a guest take our electronic gate key and it was crushed in a waterprooof case while they were diving. He didnt realize it until he surfaced and I am not sure what type of case it was or how deep he went,, and I really dont know if it leaked or not.. I Just know I didnt charge them to replace it because it was an accident and ..... well... i believe my guests. @#$%^ happens :)

Back
Top Bottom