Capt'n Gregg's burned

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_Fresh

Contributor
Reaction score
I came across some bad news this morning on facebook. Captain Gregg's in Sabang Beach, Puerto Galera had a fire in the early morning of Sept 12 (PH time). This is a developing story, and not many details are known.

A quote from Capt'n Gregg's facebook post:
https://www.facebook.com/Captn-Greggs-Dive-Resort-459335214180164/
It is with total shock and a heavy heart, that I announce to all the fans of our page and all our family and friends, that Capt'n Gregg's Dive Resort was consumed by fire this morning. At approximately 0330 today, September 12. We are all in disbelief, and it's too soon to know the cause, or what our future holds. Thankfully no one was hurt. For now, we'd like to thank everyone who made the resort such a special place, for so many people, from all around the world. We know that the tears of so many will be flowing, just as all our tears are. Thanks to all who have already sent their love and sympathy, it really means a lot. God bless all those, who helped make CGS a home away from home.

There were photos posted on facebook, I can post them if requested.

Captain Gregg's has long been a staple of the Sabang Beach dive community, and the Hash House for the Puerto Galera Hash House Harriers.

Please send your thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes to the owners, staff, and regular guests. I do not know the owners plans at this time, but hopefully they can come back a bigger and better Capt'n Greggs.

(I am in no way associated with the establishment, but I do believe many of our members have frequented Capt'n Gregg's, so I felt it prudent to post)

That's sad, I remember having a great steak there one night with friends to escape the boring repetitive food at Atlantis about eight years ago.

The lack of clientele during the current pandemic would not be helping with business.

Thank you @Centrals for those links. It's nice to hear from Chuck and his plan to rebuild. As if these times weren't hard enough for the tourism industry in PH, then this happens. Yet Chuck still seems to keep looking forwards. I hope the best for he, his staff, and the neighboring families who were affected.

Open for business already?

The picture on the home page looks completely different.
$95.00 for three dives + accommodation!

Reactions: FT
Captain Gregg’s is one of the best dive shops around PG. Have had about 10 stays with them and now when they have rebuilt need to go back to give them the support they need.

Back
Top Bottom