Captain Slates Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVDiver:
UPDATE

I emailed Amy Slate's and got the following response.

Hi,

No, we are not going anywhere. Amy has not decided to sell. Business is doing great and we are here to stay. I am glad that you have stayed here in the past and I hope you come to stay with us again soon. Thanks for your concern and I look forward to hearing from you.
Interesting. There is another thread about the sale of Kelly's On the Bay / Aquanuts. I wonder if the buyer was planning on making one big development on the combined Kelly's and Amy Slate adjoining properties.

cra2:
That sux.. the only reason we're going down there is to dive the Spiegle.
And I just checked Amy's site.
It says "Maximum of 6 people." http://www.amoray.com/Just in Time.html
And the picture is of a little ski-type boat that couldn't possibly fit 50 folks.
So, either their boat was down and they had to borrow a larger boat, or they just added a new, larger boat to their "fleet". Anyone else have any ideas?

Either way, if their site guarantees a max of 6, they should have made some sort of reconciliation with you if they had to shift you to a cattle boat.

Amy Slate has one of those big pontoon boats like the ones at South FL Diving HQ.. (The Aquaview & Coral Princess). These cattle boats can be great to dive off of, but at times... miserable...

cra2:
That sux.. the only reason we're going down there is to dive the Spiegle.
And I just checked Amy's site.
It says "Maximum of 6 people." http://www.amoray.com/Just in Time.html
And the picture is of a little ski-type boat that couldn't possibly fit 50 folks.
So, either their boat was down and they had to borrow a larger boat, or they just added a new, larger boat to their "fleet". Anyone else have any ideas?

Either way, if their site guarantees a max of 6, they should have made some sort of reconciliation with you if they had to shift you to a cattle boat.
She's owned the big boat (a Corinthian Catamaran) for many years. She recently brought her brother Justin into the business, along with a much smaller (six passenger) catamaran named "Just-In-Time". The small boat is the one we usually see at the Spiegel Grove.

halojim:
Just returned from Key Largo and dove with Amoray. What a zoo. 50 people and crew on their boat. (Gives new meaning to the term "cattle boat".) A mixture of snorkelers, newbies, nitrox classes. I would have been better off with a tank and a jet ski - I would have had more room. Second day I book with Amoray was a scheduled trip to the Spiegle. Got there and found out that the boat was broke and wasnt going out. I had to learn that from the guest. They did set me up with Kellys Aqua Nuts which turned out to be 100% better dive operation the Amoray even though they did not do the Spiegle.

One more note: A bad day of diving still beats being on land.

This is why I dive with Island Ventures.... 10 pax max on a boat that accomodates 21....no brainer...ah....also, no stress...
Check them out... www.islandventure.com

I have dove with Amy slate and found my experience to be nothing but pleasant. I like the way they handle most situations. they have always treated me right. You must have had a real bad day with 50 people on the boat!

No the resort is not shuting down. We are here to stay come down and stay. For a truly great dive experience

I can't wait Amy. I'm coming down may 1st with my fiance. Your staff has been fantastic so far with my questions prior to arrival. I'm also glad that my fiance who is in a wheelchair is not a problem as far as getting on and off the boat from what steve has told me. See you in 4 weeks. Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom