capilene as undergarm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thankyou for your info,maybe i will try a cap3 with a 2mil polertec under it.patagonia also makes a cap4 but the rep said its for 40 degree and below temps,it seems to me aswell 1 layer would not be warm enough

if your looking for something just overall lighter. Look into Fouth Element XT250 it's a little thicker and still small. If you are not goin below 65-70F this would work very well on it's own. Same thing our instructor wore over whole weekend except on Deep dive. And if you need a little something extra throw a layer under that. Or Just look into the Fourth Element Arctic. It is thicker then the XT250 but again dependin on your tolerance's you may be able to use just that. I dove the whole weekend in that alone. Got a little chilly after about 15-20min at 90' on water temps between 48-52F BUt was not overally cold. Also had dry gloves on. Xt250/Arctic's and I would have been much more comfortable but it was do able.

Keep in mind that the Patagonia rep may not be aware of just how quickly cold water will rob you of body heat. Cold weather is one thing - cold water something entirely different.

I bought a set of Waterproof Body Zor light undergarments that I wear on top of UA Coldgear base layer. That worked very well for mid-60's water in NC this spring. Pretty decent price too. In thickness it's comparable to the 4th Element Xerotherm undergarments

Henrik

Last edited:
Henrikbp,
thanks for your time.and yes you have a valid point,i try to explain the situation as best i can but i cant really be sure its understood.it seems i'm gonna go with a cap3 top and bottom over a 2mill polertec jump suit and see how that works.if not its back to the pillowey air traping thinsulate under garm.thanks.

I use capilene 4 with a moderately warm fleece sweater. It's good to the mid 60's. I wear the capilene 4 under my Bare 200 undergarment. That is goods to the mid 40's. The capilene 4 by itself would be fine to the low 70's maybe. Not anything less.

i use capilene 4 with a moderately warm fleece sweater. It's good to the mid 60's. I wear the capilene 4 under my bare 200 undergarment. That is goods to the mid 40's. The capilene 4 by itself would be fine to the low 70's maybe. Not anything less.
zzzking,
thankyou so much for your input.i think im going to try a cap3 with a 2mil polertec jump suit,do have any thoughts on that in southern cal waters -55 to 70 degress.
Thanks
g

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom