Cape Cod "Airplane Wreck"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ckidney

New
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm wondering if anyone has GPS Coordinates for the "Airplane Wreck" off of Corporation Beach. Dennis MA?......or any pics?

Thanks angk
! I had found that too, but the Loran coordinates are not simple for me to use. GPS would be better.

Don't forget to check the GW tracking website too! :wink:

Also, I am looking for GPS Coordinates for the wrecks off of garbage beach at Woods Hole. Bill, a Ret. Navy guy from the Cape told me about them and I want to kayak dive them this year if anyone is interested in joining me?

Last edited:
Where is garbage beach? I worked in Woods Hole for almost two decades, and dived there, but never heard of that site!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

I lived and dove in Woods Hole for three years from 1996-1999. Never heard of garbage beach.

-Adrian

garb.jpgBe very, very careful diving here. Nasty currents and lots of big boat traffic.

View attachment 175943Be very, very careful diving here. Nasty currents and lots of big boat traffic.

That's Eel pond at the top of the picture - no diving there. The lower left is the WHOI dock area. If Atlantis is out it MIGHT be diveable but the authorities wouldn't look too kindly on it if they catch you.

The building just above the WHOI docks is where we worked on the first ship-to-shore batch data transfer system, allowing researchers to use the shore side WWW from their research vessels, albeit with a 12-hour batching delay.

Off the bottom of the pic you're into Great Harbor. I've seen currents of 11 knots there in a flood, and there are plenty of rocks to smash you up as the current bashes you into them. Good drift striper fishing when you're on lunch break from the MBL though. :)

Some good memories there. Thanks for posting the pic. :)

-Adrian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom