Cape Ann, MA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a few pictures of the Chester Poling as well, at http://www.markrosenstein.com/gallery/poling

I haven't done a lot of photography up here because I don't like taking cameras on shore dives with rocky surgy entries. I haven't done much boat diving locally.

-Mark

Thanks maractwin - great pics - and really help. You sound like you are familiar with the area. We are doing a night dive from Back Beach - You mentioned not taking a camera on shore dives - is the entry from Back Beach easy enough to take a camera. I have such mixed thoughts about it because it is my first night dive so I don't know how it will go, but I don't like the thought of missing a good photo - also would like the chance to try night pics.

Back beach is a really easy sandy beach. It's where all of the beginner classes go. It shouldn't be difficult to carry a camera through entry/exit there. There's also not a lot there to see. I've never done it at night.

But if you are a new diver and have never done a night dive, you might not want to carry a camera. Lots of unfamiliar things happening and some divers get really spooked at night. Avoiding too much task loading until you are comfortable in that situation might be a good idea.

-Mark

Thanks for the advise - the camera straps onto my wrist and I can simply ignore it when I want to - but still ... I figure my instructor is going with the group and he knows my ability - I'll trust his judgement.

Sue agree about Back Beach, a really easy entry. You might want to consider attaching the camera to your flashlight. The issue is you need one hand for the flashlight and the camera in the other hand. This does does not leave you hand to ward of the sharks (only kidding). It just does not work very well having both hands tied up.

This last trip I taped the camera to the light and this worked great. Wherever the light was pointed so was the camera. It also helps with the lighting.

Back beach- that brings memories! It snowed on us the first day. Vivibility was actually better than I had expected. I took the NAUI course at UMass, part of Project DEEP (Diver Education Extension Program). Same nice people who run Cape Ann Divers.

If conditions allow, Cathederal Rocks is a really nice site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom