Canyon Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

May give it a try this late spring,,,,always willing to try new spots,,,,,I have no problem with low vis diving....it sharpens one skills.

texdiveguy:
I have no problem with low vis diving....it sharpens one skills.
That's one way of looking at it. :eyebrow:

Jay_SMART_Diver:
The only real diving spot is off North Park near the dam, there are no wake bouys placed off the shore and that is where the local dive shops to Canyon use a couple of platforms for open water dives, vis is usually not that good (10 foot on a good day) and I'm sure the temp is closely folowing that of Lake Travis.

That's it! I'd forgotten where I was....just followed the instructor. Viz varied from 5-10ft, worse later in the day. Made for some interesting search and recover dives! I'd go there again. In fact, I enjoyed the wall areas close to the dam. Viz was better, too. No ear problems, just normal low viz.

Just goes to show how things change. I got my original YMCA certification at Canyon Lake in 1978. Remember the vis being >50 feet with lots of fish, several sunken cars and a lot of fun.
But back then there was not nearly the development aroung the lake as now.

eeg0323 I agree with your above statement...time has really changed so many of our great Texas lakes,,,,,and for us in SCUBA it is usually not for the betterment of the water conditions.

texdiveguy:
eeg0323 I agree with your above statement...time has really changed so many of our great Texas lakes,,,,,and for us in SCUBA it is usually not for the betterment of the water conditions.
I went diving in January and the visibility was down to 3ft, not in the scuba park, but near the Overlook Park. Hopefully, it gets better during spring and summer.

Back
Top Bottom