Canyon Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In general what are the conditions at this lake,,,,,and the best shore dive spots??? Thanks

I've only been there twice, both times with a class. The conditions were similar to Lake Travis Wendy Point after a heavy class load. Water entry was alot easier though!

Where is Canyon Lake?

you can see 10 ft. (if lucky) and good luck on not getting an ear infection ...... be sure to bring SWIM EAR and use if after you finish diving .....

The only real diving spot is off North Park near the dam, there are no wake bouys placed off the shore and that is where the local dive shops to Canyon use a couple of platforms for open water dives, vis is usually not that good (10 foot on a good day) and I'm sure the temp is closely folowing that of Lake Travis.

Thanks all for the input. AK

There is also a spot by the public boat ramp a little more difficult to get to but it's free no entrance fee. Lots of fishing lines and lures. There is an old car sunk there.

IMO Travis is better, but for us it is closer

I have dove North Park once. I was warned that dive flags are being enforced.

I didn't get an ear infection.

Vis ranged from 1-15 feet. Depending on if I was following a catfish or carp.

I enjoyed the dive. I would do it again.

TwoBit

I think Lake Travis is better too. But I have only done one dive a Canyon do not think the vis was 10 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom