Canyon Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CenTexDivin

Contributor
Reaction score
Directly above the center of the Earth in the Texa
# of dives
50 - 99
Just got back from Canyon today. Let's just say that as long as you don't mind <3' viz, well, then you'd have a good time.

Went down to 72' and it was nothing more than dark, cold, and murky, just like swampers like it. Not sure about temp down there, but I heard it was just above 60.

Good news is that the water level is up significantly since I was out there last Oct.

CenTexDivin:
Let's just say that as long as you don't mind <3' viz, well, then you'd have a good time.

Went down to 72' and it was nothing more than dark, cold, and murky, just like swampers like it.

Sounds like Heaven on Earth!!

3 feet of Vis. ~ Snap into a SlimJim !!!
Man now that sounds great !

Folks tell me watch out for the sail boats there. They are quiet and they have that long freekin' keel ! " Whack "

'Cool place though with nice homes too. We should Party at one of them .
Sorta like Eddie Murphy did in Beverly Hill Cop 2:D

Thanks for the report, but I am surprised about the visability.

Timeliner:
Folks tell me watch out for the sail boats there.

Yeah, there's a sunken boat about 20 yards off the platform at Northpark... and with the viz, we almost ran into it.

I think everything got stirred up by the storms yesterday, which left alot of stuff suspended in the water.

I started thinking about it and last Oct, the platform was at 17'. Today it was at 27'.

Hey Timeliner,,you and me need to hit this place while the vis is good,,,these guys are hinting its going to 'improve' above 3ft.. :eyebrow:

Some many dives ... so little time :shakehead

'Gonna go pick up that RV that Laura found out in the weeds
of Red River County this Friday afternoon. We might 'oughta christen the thing with a road trip :wink:

I wonder if the fine folks at Canyon Lake would mind if we parked the late 80's camper there along the shore for the night? Maybe we would we have to shag on back at least as far as the B-BQ place by the Hi-way.

Wagons Ho !!! ( can I say that and not get fired ? :huh: )

Timeliner:

of Red River County this Friday afternoon. We might 'oughta christen the thing with a road trip :wink:

I wonder if the fine folks at Canyon Lake would mind if we parked the late 80's camper there along the shore for the night? Maybe we would we have to shag on back at least as far as the B-BQ place by the Hi-way.

Sounds like a plan!!!!! :D :D

3' vis sounds OK, but the water might be getting a little to warm for you Timeliner.

Timeliner:

Christmas 2007 should be fun :
Wonder what is going to happen when a bunch of white, middle aged, pot-bellied, bearded, red suit wearing men start saying HO HO HO ????

Are we talking a Trapper John M.D motorhome?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom