Cant seem to Sync

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seaquest85

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello All,
I recently received my SDA and thus far I absolutly love it (I had to mention that first) :wink: but I an having a issue I cant seem to trouble shoot. I decided that since I have a few dives with the Uemis I would check out the online logbook. However the button that says synchronize is greyed out and will not allow me to sync it. I have already done the firmware upgrades and registered the SDA with both uemis.com and uemis.org. Is it because the computer is still in desaturation or am I oblivious to the problem and cant figure it out (which is a definate possibility) :) Thanks for your help !!

Hi,

Its definitely not a desaturation problem. Mine syncs no problem with hours to go on desat.

When you connect the SDA you should get a pop up page showing contents like when you connect a USB drive.

Look for the SyncSda file and click it, this should open an internet explorer window and allow you to click the "connect" button.

Only once you have done that can you sync.

Manual does cover that pretty well.

Other gotcha's: is the pop up page being blocked by IE security, mine does and I have to click to allow it.

Hope that helps....

Morning!

I've found I am unable to sync with FireFox, sadly I have to open IE to complete the operation. Why I don't know!

BB1,
Apparently I did not register the Uemis to the website (Guessing I missed a step) But the problem was fixed and it works perfectly. Thanks for the help :)

No worries - glad to help!

How you liking the UEMIS???

Are you adding dive sites to the UEMIS Diveworld ??

The more of us that do this the better it all gets!

Yes the Uemis is fantastic computer, its very easy to use and read. For the most part people that have seen it are impressed and are interested in getting one themselves but some of them are not willing to wait until the TRIMIX upgrade is released which is unfortunate. So far I have not yet added dives to Diveworld I plan to, but I wanna get the coords together first.

Diveworld was fairly tricky to start with especially in regards to the coords. Not well explained anywhere either. I've got it fairly well sorted now though.

I think I'll put together a little "How To" and send it to Michael to see if its worthy of being made a sticky post.

Hello BB1,

I appreciate any info that helps our costumers. By the way, thank you very much for answering most of the questions here...Finally someone who has read the complete manual, hehehe....

Back
Top Bottom