Cant post items for sale in classifieds anymore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joncampo91

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, I sold an item on this site a few months ago and had a positive experience. I had a couple more things for sale and now it says that my account "lacks sufficient priveleges" to post in classifieds now? How do I fix this? Thanks!

I've read a couple other posts from people with the same issue. The common response is "be more active". Not a very fair answer, specifically what is needed to get access to the classifieds? 15 posts? 20 posts? 100 posts? 10 posts per week? Specifically. Kind of silly I need to spam the forum just to sell a couple things. Like I've said I've already successfully sold on this forum.

New rule as scammers were stealing from members. I think it’s 10 posts in non classified forums.

Why? Just because you can? Seems very elite.

Too many appear just to want to sell gear here and not interact with us. They apparently didn’t want to bother with us before they had gear to sell. So either interact with us and build a history or go sell elsewhere. As I said in another post, no one is forcing you to sell gear here. FB Marketplace is another place where a lot of gear is sold. If you refuse to use FB, that’s not our problem.

Why? Just because you can? Seems very elite.
Not elitist, just an indicator that an account wasn't set up for the sole purpose of scamming. Time on the forum, preferably with interactions, lets people have some idea of who they're dealing with.... Alternatively, supporting the forum is also not a typical scammer thing to do.
Not a perfect solution, but nothing is.
Respectfully,

James

I just use it to sell gear and to browse if I have questions. I use several forums for different hobbies that way, this is the only one thats making an issue of it. Now I'm flooding the forum with random posts just to unlock the classifieds again, so the solution isnt really great. Further, you guys are taking this forum way, WAY too seriously. I would use FB Market if I had FB, I dont use social media. If you have another recommendation I'd gladly consider it. I dont really care who gets this brand new unused shearwater teric with transmiitter for almost half price so long as it gets sold.

I just use it to sell gear and to browse if I have questions. I use several forums for different hobbies that way, this is the only one thats making an issue of it. Now I'm flooding the forum with random posts just to unlock the classifieds again, so the solution isnt really great. Further, you guys are taking this forum way, WAY too seriously. I would use FB Market if I had FB, I dont use social media. If you have another recommendation I'd gladly consider it. I dont really care who gets this brand new unused shearwater teric with transmiitter for almost half price so long as it gets sold.
LOL. You are on the ragged edge of making certain nobody will buy from you.

Like I said, not our problem if you refuse to use FB. Go to Craigslist, the place of last resort for old gear people want to get rid of, especially crap from the 80s and 90s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom