Can't hear after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

---------- Post added January 16th, 2014 at 11:10 PM ----------

Oh yeah...and Dr. Andy Chung...the ENT doc that is a diver that DAN suggested. I plan to see him for yet another opinion. Dr Admire is my doc, I like her but since he is a diver, I will go see him just for advice, etc.

Sounds like a plan... there is probably a lot going on with your ears that may be contributing to these problems, but stay safe and feel free to get second opinions. Glad that things worked out well with Dr. Admire...

Best,

Mike

OK, the latest....I got 10 decibels back after being on the prednisone...or maybe just time/healing caused this. Dr. Admire was NOT able to get my childhood ear doc records :(

Dr.Admire does think it is inner ear barotrauma unlike the first doc who thought I just decided to have hearing loss during a dive trip. She thinks the diving is related.

I really can not see DCS of the ear since I never had vertigo or anything else like that.

SO.....I think it was not my diving profile but somehow me...I maybe did not clear easy and often enough. I go down head first and fast and maybe had discomfort but never pain.

I want to continue my diving. Maybe if I am just more careful, feet first, go slow, try and use my jaw, etc more instead of pinch and blow.....

Or maybe it is time for 3rd opinion from Dr. Andy Chung who DAN recommended who is a diver and is in Dallas?

Back
Top Bottom