Can't Download to OceanLog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meesier42

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a VTPro, that I have been using for a couple of years, but haven't tried to download for about 8 months. I upgraded to the new OceanLog 2.2.0 software but I can not download anything from the computer. The software says interface found and then I try to download and it simply says Timeout and stops. I have checked the computer is set to PC, the connection terminals are making good contact. I don't know what else to try. I really want to download these dives, but simply can't. HELP

Messier42
There was another thread on this a few weeks back:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/oceanic/217878-oceanlog-atom-2-0-download-issues.html

Here are a few tips I found helpful:
Make sure the cable is inserted with the logo in the same direction as the computer screen. On my VEO the connector fits either way

Clean the contacts. If you haven't done the sync in 8 months there may be corrosion on the copper(?) wires. I use a pencil eraser to clean them but I'm sure Radio Shack would have some sort of liquid cleaner.

Hi Messier42:

Be sure to check out the previous links. I had to replace the USB cable, and it sounds like it was actually an alignment issue discussed in the thread noted above.

Also, there was a pretty significant re-write of Oceanlog. If you were running version 1.0, you may have some issues there. I was told I needed to reenter my dives manually.

Good luck,

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom