can't dive for a while...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyDuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
...cause i'm preggers.

due in march. the cat isn't excited about being a big brother. i'm excited but really scared since i'll be doing everything by myself, even if i find out who the daddy is.

before i figured it out, me & the baby did peacock, little river, & madison, so the ncdivers are pushing for river if it's a boy & madison if it's a girl. somehow, i think not, but i guess you never know!

Congrats on the baby! I hope you have an easy pregnancy. Having a baby sure changes things.

One of my friends, a divemaster, dove before she realized that she was pregnant and it didn't appear to affect anything at all. Her "baby" is now in Jr. High and has never shown any ill-effects. But she did stop diving as soon as she found out about the baby.

BTW, I had two daughters, and by the time my second one was born I was on my own. I think it was actually easier without a husband to care for. Having a baby and a man is a really big job! No matter how bad you think it is, and no matter how many times you wish you had a man to help you, believe me it is easier on your own - lol. Most men are not much help. (flame-proof pajamas are now on)

Have fun and enjoy being pregnant!

Patti

thanks! so far so good, i'm only queasy if i don't eat & so very very tired. already had a three hour nap today & it won't be long before i'm ready to go to sleep.

Well Stroke, take care of your self and that young'n. After the little one is born, I hope you have time to go diving. I'll be your buddy if you get down this way.

Best of luck, young lady.

Well, congratulations on your life changes!

Maybe the little one will be born with a craving to float around in caves from the beginning . . . :)

BabyDuck:
before i figured it out, me & the baby did peacock, little river, & madison, so the ncdivers are pushing for river if it's a boy & madison if it's a girl.

My vote if it is a boy would be peacock.... although I think that might cause teasing later in life. :wink:

Congratulations!

Though I'd stay away from peacock, that's just asking for a lot of fights in school :)

wouldn't that lead to a boy named sue situation?
congrats and good luck with everything.

i hearby veto the name peacock. also on the 'no' list - halcyon, isopod, cisteen, catfish.

thanks, guys.

Thanks for vetoing Peacock. Brother and I grew up with strange names from the "in" names and as a kid I was constantly teased with it. he was too, but as a boy would resort to kicking other kids you-know-whats. As an adult people assume that I either can't pronounce my name or have mis-spelled it and call me something "normal" and similar sounding. Brother has resorted to initials.

and congrats, a little one is a huge blessing.

Back
Top Bottom