Cant decide!! Koh Phi Phi, Koh Tao or Koh Lanta - Wich one to chose!

Where to go for cheap diving, silence , backpackers and not overcrowed!?!?

• Phi Phi is Bedst!

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Koh Tao is better!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Koh Lanta RULES!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go other places like PHENTIAN!

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't been here since prior to my leaving on my trip. Sorry. I kept meaning to write you a quick mail, but never actually got around to it for a variety of bad excuses. I did try in Patpong, just prior to leaving Thailand, but it didn't go through probably because I wrote it down incorrectly.

I was in Bangkok for two days, and I should have tried to look you up but I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, and I wasn't sure when my travel partner was going to get to Bangkok. We separated after a Similan trip, I went back to PP and he went up to Koh Sok National Park.

The trip was great, a little too early for Andaman diving and a little late for Gulf diving, but I still a lot of dives, brought my total up to 90 something; and haven't dove since. I've had the time, but my wife is pregnant so she needs me around.

Anyway, when we got into BKK (Oct 15th or so), it was pouring on both sides of the isthmus. So we headed into Cambodia and Viet Nam for a couple of weeks before going to Krabi->PP->Similans-PP-Patpong (waste of time)->BKK. We were there four weeks and another week between Hong Kong and Vancouver BC.

How has the diving been lately?

As I posted, I dove Hin Maeung/Daeung for two days. Great sites. Again, I was a little early, but the diving was still great. (Vis was 75 feet and rising). They were my last dives. Very memorable ones at that... gave my DM a fat tip and her teeth almost fell out (she was the best DM I had that trip, 3,000+ dives, been a pro for 10 years in 15 different countries).

If you want to do a couple of day dives, don't miss King Cruiser Wreck and Anemone Reef. Tons of fish and the vis. was excellent.

I've been there 3-4 times and dove just about everything I could.

Thanks,
Thomas

Back
Top Bottom