Can't beat Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timing is everything (with pricing) of course. Of the places I've been, that have been discussed, LCBR was tops (the beach front is nice, but maybe not worth the diff - it is a small resort whichever room you are in, exit the room and you see the beach. Live between dives in one of the hammocks and you don't miss any ocean view. We did the 3 dive a day package and the room location was of less importance - pool view is fine - food was great.), Colbalt coast - naw I'll do Coz (not a Grand Cayman fan) , haven't done Grand Turk yet - on the plan. Roatan was fun when Fantasy Island was working well :), but now umm, rather do Coz.

Have you considered a live aboard for TC? I hear the diving is spectacular and the boat is very lush.... I've heard, for a diving trip there, a live aboard is the way to go. It's on my list!

I'd also suggest Curacao. Bonaire is better for dive your butt off experience, but it's your anniversary! In Curacao you could stay in a nice place, get pampered and dive with the Dive Bus, or others.... It's got much more going on than Bonaire, and as much as I love Bonaire, as I get, um, OK! 'older', Bonaire is a lot of work. When I travel that long and hard, I kinda want to relax, let someone pamper me a bit :wink:

Betty - I agree with kixy1 about Curacao. Also, if you're thinking about Grand Cayman and prefer seclusion, another option is Ocean Frontiers at East End. I didn't stay at their on-site condos -- we traded for a timeshare at Morritts -- but the dive op is phenomenal. No shore diving however. Just a thought. Dan

Thanks guys. Just got off the phone with Dora the Manager at Cobalt Coast and wow they have a great set-up. Everything time she said something it just got better and better. I was looking at the package with the one bedroom suite on the 2nd floor for $2155/person and then she suggested the penthouse on the 3rd floor for just $2330/person. Hmm. Now to talk this over with hubby. Air is only $580 so a good deal all in all.

And yes it is much more than Cozumel. I expected that.

Mike, you should have not posted that picture of SCC, look how much $$$ that is going to cost BETTY !!:rofl3:

Last edited:
Sorry. LOL.

Betty - also in regard to locking your luggage it reminded me of this video I saw that shows how anybody can open a locked zipped bag with a ball point pen in under 2 seconds.
(Warning - to anybody in general - do not watch this video if you want to remain under any false sense of security of your luggage)

[video=youtube;mf-DGKUNffI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf-DGKUNffI[/video]

I warned you not to watch it.
cry.gif

Betty...$580 airfare from Toronto to GC is pretty good, especially in such short time frame. Would suspect it's due to the typically low pasenger loads this time of year. You won't be disappointed w/Cobalt Coast. We stayed and dove with them a few years back. The food is great as are the staff and management. We made great friends there. Say hello to Dora for me. Dan

Betty - I agree the value you get going to Cozumel is hard to touch. We are going to Curacao for our 5th time in recent years, it is also a good value. I like the far west end of the island but there are many options on the east side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom