Can't beat Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree cozumel is a good deal of a trip, everyone talks great things about it... but really do you like to go there every year, wouldnt you like to visit other places?

if you are into SCUBA and travel is because you have a good income, you save or your are not supporting your kids anymore, so spending an extra thousand dollars will not hurt.

Livebaboard yes is expensive but is around 30 dives in a week, if you dive daily in cozumel two tank dives is 12 dives in a week... unlimitede shore diving really? is bad thats why bonaire is for...

i really liked cozumel i am very impress, YES so far it has been the best diving experience but i would like to know other places :).. cayman & bonaire are on the bucket list.... as the Texas Flower Gardens every year :)

Well it is done. At lunchtime today I booked air and a week at Cobalt Coast. Air was $590 (higher because we are flying Air Canada vs Westjet as they go on Saturday and WestJet goes on Sunday). Room was as it was advertised $2155 per person.

Looking forward to this. Thanks Dan for the good recommendation.

buton: We usually do 18/19 dives at SCC in a week. Hope to do the same at Cobalt Coast. I get sea sick so no liveaboards for us.

Thanks everyone
Betty

nice looking forward for your grand cayman review !!!

You can lock your luggage with TSA approved locks

I had a TSA approved lock and it still got destroyed (lost) and broken zipper on my last trip to Belize in August. I think most Canadian have similar idea, if we can avoid connecting thru US, we will.

The only problem is Air Canada and Westjet doesn't fly to a lot of the locations all year round and the price is usually a lot more expensive than US airlines.

Speaking of Cozumel, I have been researching and are most likely doing Iberostar and dive with Dive With Martin. I am travelling with my 2 kids (14 and 12) both are certified and my 14 year old has done liveaboard the last 2 summer with me. AI is much easier to deal with as I don't have to worry about the kids and I have heard good things about DWM.

I have also been looking at Allegro and if anyone can compare between Allegro and Iberostar in terms of food quality and general comments, that would be great, thanks

my wife and i totally agree; just dove the bahamas (with stuart cove - did the shark feeding dives - excellent) but overall, the water, sea life, reefs and walls (such as they are) just don't (IMO) compare on any level with coz on her worst day; i've been going to coz since 1974 and have been many, many other places and even lived in the Caribbean for 5 years and we just keep going back to coz for the same reasons: cheap and easy to get to, and can't get enough of the water, fish, structures, variety, dive ops (our fav is Living Underwater with jeremy anschel) - just haven't found any other place to compare yet; BUT - we are going to L. Cayman in april (for some reason have never been able to swing by there) and i am told it will change my mind - we will see; we too are thinking about retiring in coz

I had a TSA approved lock and it still got destroyed (lost) and broken zipper on my last trip to Belize in August. I think most Canadian have similar idea, if we can avoid connecting thru US, we will.

The only problem is Air Canada and Westjet doesn't fly to a lot of the locations all year round and the price is usually a lot more expensive than US airlines.

Speaking of Cozumel, I have been researching and are most likely doing Iberostar and dive with Dive With Martin. I am travelling with my 2 kids (14 and 12) both are certified and my 14 year old has done liveaboard the last 2 summer with me. AI is much easier to deal with as I don't have to worry about the kids and I have heard good things about DWM.

I have also been looking at Allegro and if anyone can compare between Allegro and Iberostar in terms of food quality and general comments, that would be great, thanks

Iberostar vs Allegro,
We were at Iberostar in July Allegro a couple of years ago.
Overall Allegro was a better fit for us, wife is not a diver, beach is much better ,food we thought was better.
Both have what I consider small pools[for AI's in other parts] both have small rooms Allegro was a bit noiser, Iberostar is neat in that it's all small bungallows and spread out kinda freeform.[easy to get lost]
Dive operations are both good I liked Dressel at Iberostar better in that the DM's were way more friendly.
Just remember both are way south and it's an expensive cab ride to town,that also makes the ride out for diving real fast with SI back at the resort.

Back
Top Bottom