Canon WP-DC52/G16 OE case with gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas

Contributor
Reaction score
Since 90% of my diving is in the coolish waters of Southern Onatio, dry gloves are a must. Those of you, that are running the OE WP-DC52 case (or similar OE ones) can you operate it with dry gloves/thick gloves on? Based on the pics, the buttons on the back of the case appear to be clustered fairly close together - how are you managing?

I know there are better cases out there for the camera at a lot nicer price, but with the OE case at $299 vs $599-$1099 it seems like a viable option given its shortcomings.

What is your take on it?

Didn't see this till now. Hopefully better late than never...

I have the WP-DC46 for my SX240 instead of the WP-DC52/G16 combination, but the housings are very similar in terms of size and layout of the buttons.

As you guessed, it is extremely challenging to use most of the buttons with thick gloves on.

Power button, shutter release, zoom, and mode dial are all fairly easy to use with gloves. The playback button can also be used without much difficulty. The rest of the buttons, however, can be challenging. Makes setting white balance at depth very difficult in cold water

In cold water, I generally have to adjust white balance with editing software post-dive or rely on flash or strobe to bring up colours (which can really run the camera's battery down).

With dry gloves, different glove setups may work better depending on their size and the amount of dexterity that you have with them. My current drygloves are not much better than my wet gloves though in terms of using the buttons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom