Canon S95 Underwater Footage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! That's seriously impressive. I love the shot of the fins and the reversing shot where you pan accross the coral - was this a drift dive or did you play the footage backwards? It looks great! I also love how still you're able to hold the camera - the marble ray stays right in the centre of the frame even when it's swimming under the rocks!

Here's a movie I put together recently with my S95. I was really happy with the colours and detail in the macro shots but wish I could hold the camera as still still as you! I'm using a WP-DC38 housing which I'm pretty happy with. It's very buoyant but I'm thinking of adding some lighting for shooting video so it should be just right.

ACD dive Komodo - an underwater journey - YouTube

G-stud....nice videos...Have you thought of adding any video lite(s) to your system???.I have the same setup, almost anyway, with a FIX housing plus I added the Inon 550W lite on top(for video & occasionally as a focus lite)..Found out it really helps within ~4 ft & of course for nite diving video lite.....Also shoot all video thru my UWL 04 WA lens, really like that too.....Good luck in your future diving & keep us updated on ALL your shots, moving & stills....

Here's a link to some of my S95/FIX videos....
Vimeo, Video Sharing For You

Great editing, what program are you using?

Hey Gujustud,

I enjoyed the video, nice job! I'm not happy with my SeaLife rig, so I'm saving up my pennies for a S95 with either the RecSea or Fix housing.

Hey, I noticed you live in BC also! :cool2:

I have done a fair amount of diving in South East Asia also, but since you are also a scuba addict, you got to try the local diving around here! It's awesome! It takes a while to get used to a drysuit, but once you get the hang of it, you will like it just as much as tropical! :wink:

Thanks Rob! Yes I know it's only a matter of time before I get my gear into the waters here in Vancouver. I keep meaning to do it, but keep putting it off for warmer waters.

Wow! That's seriously impressive. I love the shot of the fins and the reversing shot where you pan accross the coral - was this a drift dive or did you play the footage backwards? It looks great! I also love how still you're able to hold the camera - the marble ray stays right in the centre of the frame even when it's swimming under the rocks!

Here's a movie I put together recently with my S95. I was really happy with the colours and detail in the macro shots but wish I could hold the camera as still still as you! I'm using a WP-DC38 housing which I'm pretty happy with. It's very buoyant but I'm thinking of adding some lighting for shooting video so it should be just right.

ACD dive Komodo - an underwater journey - YouTube

Thanks Bugeye! Yup it was a drift dive. It had my buddy behind (infront?) of me, just to make sure I wasn't going to bang into any corals, and we were just flying across the corals, it was pretty sweet. I believe that was off the coast in Bali.

G-stud....nice videos...Have you thought of adding any video lite(s) to your system???.I have the same setup, almost anyway, with a FIX housing plus I added the Inon 550W lite on top(for video & occasionally as a focus lite)..Found out it really helps within ~4 ft & of course for nite diving video lite.....Also shoot all video thru my UWL 04 WA lens, really like that too.....Good luck in your future diving & keep us updated on ALL your shots, moving & stills....

Here's a link to some of my S95/FIX videos....
Vimeo, Video Sharing For You

Thanks Diver85! Yes I do eventually want to add a video light to the system. I currently have a YS-01 which has a small target light (which is decent for macro stuff/focus assist) but not much more. BTW your link to your vimeo page takes me to the front page of vimeo.

I think I would eventually like to add on a video light with the setup, that way I have the best of both worlds on me.

I just got back home last night from Cozumel, where I was able to get some diving in. I just purchased a brand new 16mm Dyron wide angle for the recsea housing, however, the lens got chipped due to carelessness from the boatman (UGH!). I haven't looked at all the footage/photos yet but I'll post some here soon.

Great editing, what program are you using?

Cheers! Premier Pro CS 5.5.

Last edited:
Wow...Loved the vid! The music is great also! What is the title of that music if you don't mind. Thanx!

Thanks Mike!

Well I'm heading back to the Philippines next week for approx 1-2 months with my wife. I'm going to do my DM in Puerto Galera, and potentially go elsewhere to dive as well, depending on how long I spending doing the DM/internship. Hoping to get some fun dives in to take the gear down as well and get some footage.

Thanks SeekerofJustice!

Ha I wish! No, most of the images on the blog are either from a 5D Mark2 or a 60D (with a few from the S95). Of course ALL the underwater photos on the blog are from the S95. I pretty much use Lightroom 3 for all my post processing (testing LR4 Beta as we speak). I do take a few images to Photoshop to do fine touching in required, but for the most part, everything is done in Lightroom.

Back
Top Bottom