Canon PowerShot D10?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pword

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a camera to use snorkeling only, not for diving, and I will not be going below about 10-15 feet. This Canon camera apparently goes down to 30 feet.

Anyone used it for snorkeling? How were the photos? Is it easy to use underwater?

It's appealing to me also because it can be used above water too. Anyone had an experience with how well photos take above water?

I think it was just released this month so there probably aren't a lot of users yet. Haven't seen many reviews either. Probably best to wait a month or so or you could also check out the Olympus "Tough" series. I think there's one model which goes down to 10m. The older models seemed pretty popular so why don't you try checking reviews of the new ones?

Thanks! I learned later that it doesn't even come out until next month here in the States so obviously no one has used it. Silly me.

I will check out the Olympus ones too. And I think they are cheaper. This Canon is a little steep at apo. $350.

I finally had a chance to play around with one of these in my local camera store. It seems like it will be fairly easy to hold in the water due to the odd shape.

One con was there is no lens closure or covering. It only has plastic over it. I bet that will get scratched over time....

Anyone else bought one and used it yet? Or tested its ability to go to 33 feet?

I am in the market for a Diving Camera without a case...

I have seen people take the Olympys camera past hte 33ft threshold, without it breaking, but functionality does stop working...

I most likely will be purchasing this canon camera this month...

Posting 2X to get my count past 5 posts, to post a Review link for this camera...

Thanks. We ended up buying it last night and will try it out next weekend locally and then in Fiji later this month.

We also will use it for snowboarding so the freeze proof feature should be a bonus.

Will try to post more after we use it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom