Canon G15 Housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think your best bet would be to see the housings yourself. Reef Photo in Fort Lauderdale is very well equipped and has a good staff. If they don't have the housings in stock, they will have ones for similar cameras. You can have them in your hands and feel the difference.

I bought a g15 and fantasea housing week or two ago and used it for first time today and tried a friends g12 with akelite housing today and I absolutely prefer the fantasea over it as it's sizeably smaller and easier to manage. With that said i have two 1300 lumins focus lights and no strobe from gopro Setup. If I had strobes the akelite may be nicer but if your not going the full strobe insane Setup fantasea wins from my point of view.

Late reply, but I have been super super happy with the Ikelite housing, for reasons I've talked about in several other threads (including samples). For me the ability to go with a wired flash if desired is huge, plus the ability to visually inspect the main o-ring

We have about 3 G15 housings and several packages. The best, by far and away, is the Nauticam NA-G15, as it is aluminum, has incredible controls, well-laid out and easy-to-use. It is much smaller and has a round 67mm threaded port that will directly take macro and wide angle lenses including the ultra-wide Fix UWL-28. There are two different mounts available for focus or video lights, and an optional bulkhead if you want to use electrically-synced strobes.

NA-G15-1.jpg

However the most popular is the Ike G15, good price point, fairly rugged and they've done a nice job of slimming it down from the older G12 design. the electrical sync TTL is an advantage, but you're limited as to wide angle options and macro takes an adapter as well.

The Fantasea G15 is a nice housing overall, very good build quality and decent controls for a plastic housing. The issue with it is adding wide angle or macro lenses; their adapters are weird, hard to strap on and the wide angle lens isn't very good. But as a value it's hard to beat.

We have the Nauticam housing for our G15 and it's really a fantastic housing. Love being able to put on and take off a wet macro lens during the dive.

We have about 3 G15 housings and several packages. The best, by far and away, is the Nauticam NA-G15, as it is aluminum, has incredible controls, well-laid out and easy-to-use. It is much smaller and has a round 67mm threaded port that will directly take macro and wide angle lenses including the ultra-wide Fix UWL-28.

However the most popular is the Ike G15, good price point, fairly rugged and they've done a nice job of slimming it down from the older G12 design. the electrical sync TTL is an advantage, but you're limited as to wide angle options and macro takes an adapter as well.

The Fantasea G15 is a nice housing overall, very good build quality and decent controls for a plastic housing. The issue with it is adding wide angle or macro lenses; their adapters are weird, hard to strap on and the wide angle lens isn't very good. But as a value it's hard to beat.

Can I ask you about the TTL strobe connection on the Ikelite housing. Can it be used with any brand strobe or only with Ikelite strobes?

Only the Ikelite strobe.

Chuck:

I am selling a brand new G15 & the G15 Nauticam housing that I won in a photo competition as I don't need it. If you are interested, let me know.

Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom